BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Avatars of War announcing new plastic regiment

Quote Originally Posted by Haelion
    It's upcoming January's hero release* (appart from a new regiment box pre-order ).

This January release was emailed to retailers this week . It will be available in the website next week.
    *Referring to a new Goblin Shamen model.

It has widely been speculated that the next plastic box AoW will produce will be plastic 'Witch Elves', but this has never been confirmed. I really hope it is, though.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

Here's hoping for plastic Witch Elves too, even though I'm trying to resist the temptation to start a fantasy army before I've finished my Space Marine one. Always loved the Warhammer version of Dark Elves.

Via Warseer:
    would like to inform you that next week, Avatars of War will launch War-Cast: a new range of plastic-resin miniatures.

As this new plastic-resin manufacturing process is carried in house, as is our metal range, we are not still able to meet the necessary production to serve in a good manner retailers for both plastic-resin and metal. Due to that I am very sorry to inform you that the new plastic-resin range, War-cast, will only be available through our online shop.

We will put all our efforts to increase our manufacturing resources so that the War-Cast range will be available to retailers and distributors in the future.
    So the new plastic announcement was a little more involved than just a new kit. Sounds promising though.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

So, possibly some concept art for AoWs next plastic regiment:

Not as interesting as Witch Elves.

Brother-Captain

Apparently the new regiment is Hordes of Apocalypse: War, as AoW's Chaos hordes are divided amongst followers of the four horsemen according to their setting fluff. This would fit with the recent rebranding of their Chaos line as Hordes of Apocalypse.

Not as interesting as Witch Elves no, as there is already a plastic chaos warriors regiment box on the market (albeit not a very good one imho as frankly GW's ones don't look very chaotic at all, far too uniform for my liking). What is interesting is that they plan to have a new regiment box out every 2 months or thereabouts, so not that a long a wait until the next one, and if that plan holds up by the end of the year they should have a nice range going for them. The slight downside to that is that as yet their manufacturing isn't up to being able to put these boxes in stores, so for the time being at least they will be avaliable only from their own online store.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

I'm sure fans of Chaos warriors will like them, I find them fairly uninteresting.

It's hard to cack up generic barbarians with spiky armour. Impressed by the level of detail AoW have managed on their plastic kits though.

Brother-Captain

Now that is a unit of Chaos Warriors to me, far more so than the tame looking unit of the same Games Workshop put out. Compare this:

with this:

I know which one looks more like a horde of armoured barbarians to me. Nicely done AoW and I'm eager to see what regiment they will do next with another 5 potentially by the end of the year.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Veteran-Sergeant

i will probably get a box or 2 of those. they look really good.

Iron Father

As a WoC player myself I can say that painting warriors can get a bit tedious because of the static nature of the model, but these bad boys are just wow. My warriors usually go with halberd and shield so it will be interesting to see what options these come with.

I really like the CD case as a movement tray in the picture
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast