BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Librarian

12" move doesn't fire all weapons, just a primary weapon + defensive (which your hurricane bolters are NOT unless they DON'T have psybolt ammo).

Stormravens are great transports, and I'm saying this as a Dark eldar player. They can move fast, have strong armor, and decent weapons (though better by far on the Blood Angels version with it's S8 AP1 missiles). The trick is that you need to give them something nice to transport, and there is only one really good option for that in the GK book: Death Cult assassins. If you want terminators, a Land raider is a better choice with its higher transport capacity. And with the best GK Dreadnought builds being long range shooting oriented, there's no good reason to position one upfield instead of having it hang back

Quote Originally Posted by thecactusman17 View Post
    12" move doesn't fire all weapons, just a primary weapon + defensive (which your hurricane bolters are NOT unless they DON'T have psybolt ammo).

Stormravens are great transports, and I'm saying this as a Dark eldar player. They can move fast, have strong armor, and decent weapons (though better by far on the Blood Angels version with it's S8 AP1 missiles). The trick is that you need to give them something nice to transport, and there is only one really good option for that in the GK book: Death Cult assassins. If you want terminators, a Land raider is a better choice with its higher transport capacity. And with the best GK Dreadnought builds being long range shooting oriented, there's no good reason to position one upfield instead of having it hang back
    Well it's actually 1 Primary + defensive + Power of the Machine Spirit , by all weapons I meant all weapons worth firing (In the case where I was running it with Plasma Cannons / Multi-melta and no hurricane bolters) although I'd assume the psi-strike missiles count as defensive weapons anyway.

I've got mixed views between the BA / GK versions, sure you get better missiles but you lack the Fortitude power and psi-strike missiles have their uses vs certain armies.

I disagree with Death Cult Assassin being "the one really good option" , Either purifies with halberds + an inquisitor with rad / psycho grenades or a terminator unit + grand master with the same grenades . I agree with the dreadnoughts however , I wouldn't use it to transport them.

The storm raven has better transport capacity imo (crusader has 16, redeemer 12 and vanilla 10, stormraven 12) due to the 24" movement (I'm aware you can't effectively disembark while moving flat out but it's for positioning).

Also the land raider is 40+ points more and can't take the teleporter homer which seems pretty darn useful, having a mobile precise drop point for deep striking units is golden IMO. That's if it doesn't get shot down.

The H.bolters + Assault Cannons + hurricane bolters + psybolt ammo was just for giggles / to use against nids or orks , horde armies that don't have reliable long ranged weapons to deal with vehicles.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123