BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Librarian

Default Movie Marine Rhino and Sergeant

I finished my Movie Marines project recently with the last two entries.

First off, I needed a rhino to finish off the lot of them. I converted this rhino quite some time ago, but I always had a sort of block when it came to painting it up. Eventually, I realized that it was the static boxiness of the rhino mini- no matter how much you convert and add, it is tough to make it dynamic.

In order to remedy this, I decided to add a base. This mini is mounted on an old CD-ROM that we never care to see again.

Second, I threw together the sergeant mini- in part because I've done lots of this kind of freehand on projects for commissions, but I haven't done it for myself very much. The lion banner was in part because I felt it would go well as a sort of personal heraldry icon on him.

I put the Rhino up on Cmon for [url=http://www.coolminiornot.com/295416]anyone who cares to vote.[/url]

[url=http://www.coolminiornot.com/295416][/url]

www.GardenNinja.com

Battle-Brother

Very impressive

This looks AMAZING!

although... how sexy would it be to remove the Ultra Icons and just make it an astrial claws rhino?

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by IronfrontAlex View Post
    This looks AMAZING!

although... how sexy would it be to remove the Ultra Icons and just make it an astrial claws rhino?
    I'm not against that in principle but I think it would feel lonely next to the other Ultramarines in the squad/army (for movie marines, they're the same).

www.GardenNinja.com

Any chance you could share your weathering "recipe" on the rhino?

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Ordo Septenarius View Post
    Any chance you could share your weathering "recipe" on the rhino?
    Well, I did a [URL="http://www.gardenninja.com/2010/04/14/battle-damage/"]write up on the battle damage[/URL] portion of it.

As for the actual mud, I watered down some brown paints and splattered them across the bottom of the vehicle by filling an old brush with paint and blowing at it. Also, I took some of the brown paint and watered it down into glaze consistency and just painted a layer of grime over the bottom of the vehicle.

The treads were never anything but brown. All I did there was paint it up using the browns that I used as splatter and on the base.

www.GardenNinja.com

Default ...

.... I bow down to your superior skills...

nice looking work!

Colours go really nicely together

Scout

Wow that rhino has been on campaign a little too long. =)

Extremely nice paint jobs on both, I like how the sgt looks dusty and worn but still ready to kick butt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast