BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Black Templars: Wait or Start?

Hello, all. I have about 2000 points of Black Templars. I am going to start playing with friends, but am wondering if I should wait to buy more minis; as rumor has it, a new codex is coming out later this year. Generally, new minis come along with new codices, so should I wait to start buying more? What do you think?

First-Captain

Wait, u have 2000 more than enough
    For the Greater good.

DO IT NOW

they are too competitive for thier own good. Just not obviously good.

Thanks for the advice. I guess that I will get to work.

More initiates or neophytes are probably a safe bet, but with the chances of new units/models and crazy rules changes, its probably safer to wait on any bigger purchases.

Banned

It depends on what you have already, really. But most of what you have should still be legal after the next codex. They don't change Marines around THAT much. What changes they do make to them are usually with new miniatures that won't be available before the new codex is released, anyway.

Chapter-Master

I would say it dpeneds on how much money you have to spend. If you buy a load now, does that stop you buying more later in the year? Is so then I'd wait. If you afford the cash now and later in the year, why not buy some more now? Its not like GW gets rid of units from codexes much these days, so you shoudl be able to use all the stuff you have in some form or another.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

We don't play that tight of a WYSIWYG game - that is, if something is armed with a flamer and I by a melta, they're find to let that slide.

Bigger things - I can't let that slide. A coke can is not a drop pod. I have income enough to make purchases when the new codex drops, but just wondering how much might be different.

Thanks again.

If there is anything among the current range that you need I would probably get it now - no doubt as soon as the new codex comes around the existing stuff, if not taken off sale, will be increased in price or packaged in less miniatures per box.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordo Septenarius View Post
    A coke can is not a drop pod
    Don't be silly ofc it is! Along with cups, beakers, big candles, tins of beans, mr sheen and what ever crazy things you can find round the house!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast