BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Tactics for Black Templars

Hello,

I am working on a 2000 pt Black Templars army, and will be playing with friend (who field IG, Chaos and Necrons), but what wondering what list might be good to start with.

Obviously, winning is good, but we're also going to play a couple games to acclimatize me to 40k, so if there's an easy or recommended build for 2000 pts that shows me the ropes, that'd be appreciated, too.

Thanks,

OS

I always found rhino rush templars to be fun. It is not the best list in the world, but allows you to get used to rules for shooting, vehicles, and assault, with emphasis on assault. However, I've been find the hybrid templar list to be the most fun.

My personel list, not the most points effecient is somthing along these lines

HQ 296
    Marshal 156*
    -claw -shield -termi honours -frag grenades -artificer

Emperor's Champion 140
    -accept any challenge

Elites 734
    Assault Terminators 484 (215) (269)*
    5 man -3 claws -2 hammers -furious charge
    Land Raider Crusader 269
    -smoke launchers -searchlight

2x Dreadnoughts 250* (125)
    -lascannons

Troops 830
    2x Crusader Squads 460 (230) (171) (59)*
    -10 man -4 neos -6 initaites -8x ccw and bp -frag -powerfist -meltagun
    Rhino 59
    -smoke launchers -extra armor -searchlight

2x Crusader Squads 190 (95)
    -5 man -4x bolters -1x lascannon

2x Crusaders Squads 180 (90)
    -5 man -4 bolters -1x Missile Launcher

Fast Attack 140
    2x Landspeeders 140 (70)
    cyclone

Total 2000

The astericks denote units that are extrenous or not as effecient as other choice, or have too many upgrades. However I feel this list, will allow you get used to shooting with vehicles in several catogories, from fast to walker. It gaves it an assault element form of crusader squads in rhinos and land raider crusader. Lets you experiment with movement phase a bit.
    Dreadnoughts could be interchanged with las/autocannon preds. The other units would require a bit more tinkering for replacing for better units. Also terminators with tank hunters and cyclone missiles instead of assault terminators, but would require tinkering for another 46 points or finding a place for unit of 218. The Crusader Squads themselves could be adjusted slightly.
    I hope this helps
    pardon spelling/grammer
    Star Wars Galaxies - Rest in Peace - is Benjam Frail, NGE Player
    (former) fan of Supreme Commander, Dungeon Siege and Gas Powered Games