BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lucius the eternal. Is he really eternal?

Okay so I have been reading up on my chaos Codex and looked at Lucius. Now it says he takes over the body of whoever slayed him. Now hear me out im going off on a long shot here. What if a tank were to flip over on top of him and explode killing him in the process. What would happen? Would he take over the dead body of the driver? Or the guy who flipped the tank? Or would he actually be dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Mooderan View Post
    Okay so I have been reading up on my chaos Codex and looked at Lucius. Now it says he takes over the body of whoever slayed him. Now hear me out im going off on a long shot here. What if a tank were to flip over on top of him and explode killing him in the process. What would happen? Would he take over the dead body of the driver? Or the guy who flipped the tank? Or would he actually be dead?
    So like if he were down to 1 wound, assaulted a vehicle, it exploded and the result killed Lucius? um...Tzeentch would laugh his *** off?
    (because yeah, this really does sound like he'd be dead-dead in that instance)
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

I am looking at this from both the actual board game and a fluff perspective. Would he actually be dead? Or would Slaanesh be all like NO you take over that guy's body?

Brother-Sergeant

Well, fluffwise he takes over his killer's body only if the killer feels any sort of triumph. I'm guessing that means that if he gets pasted by artillery or brought down by Crons or Nids, he's SOL.

From a gaming perspective this doesn't happen, but I'm hoping it will in the next Codex. Something like if he is killed by a non-vehicle model, that model is replaced by Lucius on a 2+ or something. After all, there's that Cron character whose name escapes me at the moment who can possess his buddies when he dies.

stomped by a titan that doesnt even notice . random fire other then from a snipe[who may actualy see what he is shoting at] , mines etc . If it doesnt have a soul it wont work . + the soul transfer wouldnt probably work marked people . So killed by a saint ? no transfer. alfa++ lvl psyker no transfer . exalted champion of another god . no transfer . demon no trasnfer . any form of elder [their souls are protected from any form of switching] etc. So yeah he is more like eternal in melee and only against humans more or less.

Remember that Slaanesh gave him that power since he's a favorite plaything. If it isn't enough to save him, undoubtedly Slaanesh would break the power's 'rules' and bring him back anyways. There've been a couple've mentions of Chaos Space Marines revived from 'death', after, their souls plucked from the warp.

Chapter-Master

well the tankl pilot, even if hes dead!
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Quote Originally Posted by the jeske View Post
    stomped by a titan that doesnt even notice . random fire other then from a snipe[who may actualy see what he is shoting at] , mines etc . If it doesnt have a soul it wont work . + the soul transfer wouldnt probably work marked people . So killed by a saint ? no transfer. alfa++ lvl psyker no transfer . exalted champion of another god . no transfer . demon no trasnfer . any form of elder [their souls are protected from any form of switching] etc. So yeah he is more like eternal in melee and only against humans more or less.
    Now im going even farther. All Ig tanks have the machine spirit so would the tank turn into lucius? WOULD HE GET A CANNON OUT OF HIS CHEST?! I know that is going way out there but still the soul thing is there.

Adeptus Custodes

What if he committed suicide? Zombie Lucius?
    More Necromunda please.

Chapter-Master

From a fluf point of view, this is very easy to deal with. It is a long established, unwritten rule, that special characters killed in battles are not really dead, just incapacitated in some way and they recuperate later. So if Lucius is killed by a shell, Titan foot etc then whilst he is removed from the game table, he isn't actually dead, rather 'removed as a casulty'. In terms of actual rules, I'm not sure how it works.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast