BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default 10-Man Chaos Terminators vs. Jaws of the World Wolf

Hi all,

I've run 10-man Chaos Terminators Squad with 2 Reaper Autocannons, Tzeentch Icon, a chainfist and a few combi-plasmagun against my friend's Space Wolves in the 1500 pts army. Everything went well, and I managed to win an annihilation game with score 11-4. I just let them walk across the board and tear anything in their path, thanks to the support of my Defiler and Vindicator.

The question is - Will this tactic is bad when facing 2 rune priests with Jaws of the World Wolfs, given that each of them is deployed within a rhino?

Chaplain

Simple answer to your question is, yes it probably will end badly for you.

Jaws works that in a straight line all your dudes have to take an initiative test. If they fail, they are removed from play. No save because the are not being wounded...they are being removed from play. So you just need to hope you don't roll 5s or 6s.

Or just reaper autocannon the rhino and lash the contents towards you and make a nice imperial stew!

Make sure your terminators are walking across in a line so not too many of them can be got under the line, and remember they are still only removed on 5's or 6's so you still have a good chance of JotWW not doing anything at all

And if for some reason you don't like them odds you can put the Slaanesh icon on them instead and then it's more or less a two up save!
    Last edited by The Twilight Fade; 01-09-2012 at 08:22 AM.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by The Twilight Fade View Post
    Or just reaper autocannon the rhino and lash the contents towards you and make a nice imperial stew!

Make sure your terminators are walking across in a line so not too many of them can be got under the line, and remember they are still only removed on 5's or 6's so you still have a good chance of JotWW not doing anything at all

And if for some reason you don't like them odds you can put the Slaanesh icon on them instead and then it's more or less a two up save!
    Very true. It just all depends on you not making them a juicy target! If they are in crazy zig zag with mark of slannesh, JotWW is pretty useless...and it's useless if the Rune Priest is dead. Reaper Autocannons for the win!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by The Twilight Fade View Post

It's a nice idea, Twilight Fade. But the rune priests also got a wargear (I can't remember the name) like a psychic hood, preventing the lash on 4+. Is this odd worth taking?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Anger View Post
    It's a nice idea, Twilight Fade. But the rune priests also got a wargear (I can't remember the name) like a psychic hood, preventing the lash on 4+. Is this odd worth taking?
    Psychic defense always sucks and at times will screw you over, i've had many of my games with the eldar screwed over by njall stormcaller/rune priests in a landraider in the middle of the table.

But the thing is not not let it set you back, create a back up plan so you don't end up relying on it to win you the game, you mentioned running vindicators and defilers anyway, so when the rhino blows up they will have to deploy clumped up creating a perfect target for a large blast marker

And remember its only a fifty/fifty chance of nullifying it anyway so more incentive to take two and maybe statistics will be in your favour