BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Wow this is a great idea. I shall subscribe and maybe brood over doing soemthing similar when appropriate !

Regards,
    TV

Veteran-Sergeant

Thanks for the support TV!
    Cheers

http://.skared.podbean.com Twitter: @Skari2 Youtube Channel: Skared Cast

Awesome series, and congratulations!

Veteran-Sergeant

Thanks. For the comments. Ok so, Here are the tactical notes for the 9th game that I had vs My brothers space marines. If you have not watched the batrep yet please do! This would be game 9 and the second game with the tweaked army list.
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/SkaredCast?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/SkaredCast?feature=mhee[/URL]

Seek out Batrep 1.

------

So, you are back from subscribing to my channel and liking the videos? Well, we move on!

This game was quite a tough one for me from the start and. With both ravagers and a raider blown up on the second turn! I was fighting an uphill battle. I was very lucky that my wyches held out as long as they did in his backfield forcing the terminators to help out on that side of the board, the Incubi did well but where then blocked off turn after turn by two rhinos and a rzrbck... meaning they would be unable to participate in the battle. The raider that contested the last objective got very lucky... even better was that the game was over fast! And the last turn contest + the final distruction of the damned land raider led me to the victory in that game.

So, what did I take from this? No matter how grim the battle seems from the start something can be done about it. Gather your witts about you, clear your head and aim for the objective of the game. With the Dark Kin you have to be making your enemy react to the choices that you make on the table, this will give you a great advantage when you make him react to your choices and therefore can sometimes even force their hand during a game.

My brother is a great general and facing off against him is always a blast.
    So, what do you think about the game?

Cheers!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quickie update.

With my move to Barrie went to one of the local GSs (Gamers Lair) to hang out and network with new people. I was challenged to games by two of the players there, relatively new to the game. Both games were 1750 as they were practicing for a tournament that is happening today actually. Anyhow, all I did was drop the archon, add an incubi and a few things here and there to make the list fit.

I am not counting these games as part of the official journey per say but I thought that posting a few pointers would be good. They were both relatively new players that did not have much experience especially against DE so lets say the games went fast and furious. I was not Trying to win at all costs but I was not trying to loose either.

First was against a warrior heavy necron army playing a wierd astronomicon battle mission. This was interesting as it forced you to reserve your army unless you rolled a 6 to deploy it. Then you would roll for the things that arrived and on a 1 or 6 they would arrive on the flanks! It was quite an interesting mission. My targetpriotiry stayer the same, I knocked out the barges and the arks and then used my superior range to knock out his units. He had to leave so we were unable to finish the game.

Second game was against a shrike marine list. He gave me first turn and I reserved everything to prevent a first turn assault with shrike. Then held my objective against 2 drop podding dreads and some vanguard vets while contesting the central objective and the one in his deployment zone with the jetbikes (that were awesome this game doing 14 hits with bladevanes every run!) the razorwing and a venom with warriors. He tapped out.

So, I did want to make a few notes. These are some pointers for newer players:
    - Make sure you use all the tools that you have in your list. If you keep that full squad in a corner doing nothing an experienced player with just ignore it and make mincemeat out of the units that you commit, you have to try and make all the unit in your army part of the full army and pieces in your strategy.
    - Read your rules, at the very least make sure you have read the full rulebook and your full army list and special rules... I cant stress this enough, it is very important to be able to play a smooth game and not get frustrated when rules that you dont know come up in a game.

And that is the most of it. It was nice to have people comment on my paint job as that is also a part of creating a list and playing with it. To paint it!.

Cheers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123