BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alessander View Post
    If its real,eldar are cheering and Daemons are crying.

Daemon nerf: Deep strike got more dangerous (you gto shot at TWICE) and (IIRC) you still can't assault after DSing, icon or not. Everyone else's power seapons gained parry, but the hellblades already have the same effect at parry.

Only pluses to daemons is that daemonettes are faster now.

Eldar, however... Fire dragons w an exarch with the flamer will be soooooo good. They excel in combat now, probably the best assault troops the eldar have now. They became mini-banshees now since they can use the fusion guns in combat.
    Pathfinders and rangers rock due to new sniper rules. All psykers now have rerollable saves due to the new witchblade rules. Only complaint is that Eldrad is base psyker Mastery 2 (but would the spirit stones make him mastery 3?...)
    Actually, most of this is wrong by a little bit. But that little bit is important.

1) Deep Strike is LESS dangerous. You only scatter if you're within 18" of an enemy. If you're within 18" you scatter as normal UNLESS you have a beacon (Icon). You can make a combat OR ENGAGE (i.e. assault at your base move stat) action after deepstriking. And if you scatter into mishap territory you only take d6 critical hits (which, for daemons, you get your invuln against). No more repositioning/back in reserves/destroyed bull. With things like fiends being fleeting beasts (i.e. movement of 9") this is HUGE. Yes, any squad that they arrive within 12" of can shoot at them, but only units with overwatch get to shoot if they charge, so usually only one salvo.

2) Flame sweep. Tzeench flamers just got ridiculous in cc.

3) wings = flying infantry (read: NOT Jump Infantry). HUGE for thirsters and princes.

4) Seekers and Fiends now charge 27", hounds charge 21".

Daemons got wtfbusted by the new edition. They may be new top-tier. Seriously. Will need a lot of testing, but they got powered up like whoa.

Eldar did get boosts. However, re-read the rules for assault weapons. You only get the bonus attack for an assault weapon if you have a dedicated CC wep in your wargear. Avengers, Guardians, and Dragons do not, so they are the same in cc as they ever were: mediocre at best. DBFs are good now because of the extra 3" fire and flame sweep in CC (also fun for covering fire).

Banshees got ridiculous with the new fleet and power weapon rules, but Scorpions kinda got left by the wayside.

Also, you can now make an engage move out of a (combat-) moving transport. Yes, you get to assault out of ALL transports now. Eldar around the globe leap for joy.

Eldar jetbikes got a HUGE boost, so did rangers/pathfinders. Storm Guardians being able to use flame sweep or fusion pistols in CC is pretty big, too. All-in-all, both armies got MUCH much better.

Even if this is a fake, I don't care, because it looks like it will be a fun game to play. If it's fake, GW has it's work cut out to put up something that's better than this.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    And all psykers can attempt to nullify psychic stuff (Hood just makes it better). This does help Grey Knights as well tho, and most likely most in all of dexes (since they are all psykers )

It was stated in the rules that mastery is 1-6, and the best of the best of eldar (and most gifted of daemons) got 'only' a 5. So, if Eldrad is 2-3, who is gonna be that 5 (unless the new rumoured eldar 'dex is gonna fix that or introduce a whole new super psyker..)
    On account of Eldrad being dead/not around it would be nice with an updated Eldar codex that did not include him but new guys and gals. Maybe Ulthwé has a new level 5 guy around to take his place? Maybe Eldar can be the master of psykers once again

Fly Lord

This story keeps on getting stickier by the hour...

Mercer at[URL="http://www.imperiusdominatus.com/2012/01/proof-that-leaked-6th-rules-are-fake.html"] Imperius Dominatus[/URL] posted the following last night:

It was done on a home edition of the program that GW use the professional version of, this version was 1.5 vs the 1.6 that GW use for all their other (older) published files. The files origin is Glasgow not Lenton unlike all their published files and the file author is named Robert Smithe, not GWPLC like all their other published files.
    Now that is a lot of insider information there, such as exactly what software and versions of it GW internally uses. The problem is that the metadata embedded in the leaked files doesn't support any of those assertions. Also the version numbers listed make no sense compared to current versions of Acrobat, Indesign, Pagemaker, or QuarkExpress (the professional layout software packages for document creation).

Another poster said that the "Robert Smithe" listed is a layout employee in Lenton. Finally, the original file download links that appeared all over the place have been taken down over the last 24 hours.

GW has never lifted a finger whatsoever in the past when hoaxes appeared online (such as the fake Blood Angel codex).

Something very fishy is going on.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

I probably won't play this (much), but I suspect I'll take cues from it in future game design. I'm already playing around with ideas of activation order based on unit type
    The Krandor 116th Airborne: Flying Arctic Rednecks..IN SPACE!!!
    http://paradoxgaming.intodit.com- Proud seller of time-space disruptions since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    This story keeps on getting stickier by the hour...

Mercer at[URL="http://www.imperiusdominatus.com/2012/01/proof-that-leaked-6th-rules-are-fake.html"] Imperius Dominatus[/URL] posted the following last night:

Now that is a lot of insider information there, such as exactly what software and versions of it GW internally uses. The problem is that the metadata embedded in the leaked files doesn't support any of those assertions. Also the version numbers listed make no sense compared to current versions of Acrobat, Indesign, Pagemaker, or QuarkExpress (the professional layout software packages for document creation).

Another poster said that the "Robert Smithe" listed is a layout employee in Lenton. Finally, the original file download links that appeared all over the place have been taken down over the last 24 hours.

GW has never lifted a finger whatsoever in the past when hoaxes appeared online (such as the fake Blood Angel codex).

Something very fishy is going on.
    Nothing here proves anything. Most likely the playtest rules were in a .Doc format of some sort and whoever just compiled it into a PDF, the codex update especially looks like it was compiled into a single document after the fact.

All that being said this has to be a hoax. The rules are just to damned good to be GW.

Fly Lord

Playtest documents don't have final layout applied to them.

This document is fully formatted, in dual column, with fonts in place, art placeholders, headers, footers, cross referenced page numbers and more.

That is a job in an of itself.

I'm not convinced Nob Bikers have been completely brought in line. It is certainly much easier to whittle them down with focused fire and templates, but that's always been the case. What's more, Flesh and Steel ensures that nothing short of Lascannon fire will be inflicting instant death on them (though they are still vulnerable to power fists in CC)

Where the wound allocation really mattered for me was in CC, and nothing changes here where it is immediately important. If I manage to get all my hits in within the first round of combat, which I will because Patch Up occurs at the end of the turn, I've accomplished my goals. What's more I usually run a few cheap nobs in the squad anyways that I can afford to have die off if necessary.

AP 3 weapons ignoring FnP is a pain though. Seems like that rule has been progressively downgraded with each edition.

Setting aside all that, though, Orks really didn't get a lot of beneficial stuff in this. Guaranteed 12" movement every turn was the best thing. That and Alpha Strike, but no armor saves for anything but 'Ard Boyz or tougher in any circumstances but AP - fire and No Retreat being critical hits means that Boyz are going to lose combat a lot, and by large margins. What are the chances you're going to be able to keep a mob engaged for a full turn in order to get an Alpha Strike off? Meanwhile, while our Trukks and Battlewagons are a fraction more survivable, they've become moving land mines when they explode. If a trukk dies, your mob inside is literally completely gone unless you get a lucky "wrecked" with ramshackle. And if you're unlucky, anyone nearby also dies. Same deal with Battlewagons but if you're not an idiot it wont be happening quite as often as the trukks. KFF got another downgrade since vehicles can only get a 5+ cover from it now as well.

If this is legit I'm hoping Orks will get an update fast and hard, otherwise they will likely be shelved in favor of the Tyranids, who have gotten almost nothing BUT upgrades from these rules. All MCs hit with s10? Excellent. Carnifex squads making ram movements and critical hitting any unfortunate souls who can't clear the 6" to move out of the way? Lovely. Poison changes meaning toxin sacs on MCs is an excellent choice with re-rollable 2+ wounding 90% of the time? Delicious. Lictors finally being worth their points, being able to DS without scatter 13" away from a vulnerable vehicle and charge in the same turn, and giving their reserve bonus on or off table? Glory be!

This document is fully formatted, in dual column, with fonts in place, art placeholders, headers, footers, cross referenced page numbers and more.

I don't think these were playtest rules for the Main rule book. I get the feeling that this was playtesting for the Codex changes.

I just realized that we can confirm these either true or false in a couple months, when BT or Tau come out. If it is Tau next both the MP and BC changed and if it is BT then that codex may include the Zeal Pistol. Either way it should be able to confirm or deny these rules.
    Last edited by Wrath; 01-12-2012 at 04:54 PM.

It looks to me like it's a document approaching the home stretch. I'd expect it to look like it does when it's in the final tweaking & design review phase, before it goes off for the last round of editing and final layout.

Fly Lord

Wrath said:

I just realized that we can confirm these either true or false in a couple months, when BT or Tau come out. If it is Tau next both the MP and BC changed and if it is BT then that codex may include the Zeal Pistol. Either way it should be able to confirm or deny these rules.
    Good point, and whichever is next, its due in the March timeslot... which means its been send off to the printers already, so there is no time to change things.

tick tock, tick tock...

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast