BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Necron_Lord View Post
    Looking at my German dictionary, 'heck' is defined as follows:

Heck <n.; -e(s), -e od. -s> 1 hinterer Teil des Schiffes, Autos od. Flugzeugs; hinten am Heck stehen; bei diesem Autotyp liegt der Motor im Heck

RAW it means rear for ships, cars, or aircraft. It doesn't say anything about transports or tanks though. Looks like we're going to have to wait for the FAQ.
    interesting, in the book it is referring to a building.

Good thing I grabbed a copy when I did.

Chapter-Master

So, if the design team would be working in English, it could be a fake made in Germany which would also account for the grammar. But then again, reading a copy of WD will tell you that GW's view of grammar is somewhat unorthodox.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    So, if the design team would be working in English, it could be a fake made in Germany which would also account for the grammar. But then again, reading a copy of WD will tell you that GW's view of grammar is somewhat unorthodox.
    You'd think there would be plenty of unemployed English Majors around for GW to hire for cheap to *write*

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Someone on Warseer also mentioned there are words from the German ruleset sprinkled in in places, and none of the development team have a German speaking background. Unfortunately the thread on Warseer has been deleted and I don't remember the specifics, something to do with vehicle rear armour and some German word starting with 'h'.
    You don't think it's odd Warseer will have nothing to do with the "leaked rules"? No threads on the topic allowed even though it's a relevant topic in the community?

The rules have not been debunked, no one has stepped forward saying they did it. So as far as anyone is concerned they are valid rumours for 6th, yet threads are getting removed that discuss it.

I hope this isn't real. Orks would totally dominate the game with these rules. Everything they have is assault BS2 and they would see a huge bonus in the number of hits scored against ... everything.

Not to mention that the all-powerful Initiative score, though not as critical in sweeps, is even more important overall due to Evade.

Looks like this will be a repeat of 5e for the poor Necrons.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiecow View Post
    You don't think it's odd Warseer will have nothing to do with the "leaked rules"? No threads on the topic allowed even though it's a relevant topic in the community?

The rules have not been debunked, no one has stepped forward saying they did it. So as far as anyone is concerned they are valid rumours for 6th, yet threads are getting removed that discuss it.
    First off, warseer mods are notorious for shutting down threads at the slightest provocation. Secondly, people there kept trying to post links to the pdf, which is against forum rules there (and here). Real or not, none of the big forums are going to risk legal action over something stupid like that.

Anyways, if the rumors about GW and the Hobbit are true then GW has a good reason to disavow any leaks that they reasonably can. If this was a draft of 6th ed, there isn't any direct proof and GW can just deny it. Conversely, the only real way to prove a rumor is to wait until release.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by GrenAcid View Post
    How about Pyrovores???.....hahah just kidding
    Aaaactually, with d6 armor ignoring attacks that automatically hit on the charge...

Still, those elites slots are awfully crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by Necropolis View Post
    I hope this isn't real. Orks would totally dominate the game with these rules. Everything they have is assault BS2 and they would see a huge bonus in the number of hits scored against ... everything.
    What gives you that idea?

Nobody stays still against Orks these days anyways, meaning it's rare that we're going to be hitting better than 5s on anything except monstrous creatures.

We might as well have no armor save at all. I would honestly be perfectly fine with a 1 point reduction for everything that currently has a 6+ save to get rid of said save, because we're never going to use it outside of CC and now we're never going to use it in CC either.

We no longer get to pepper our targets and immediately assault them, which means we now have to keep our Orks sitting and shooting for an extra turn first before assaulting to get the CC odds we used to get from a single turn. What did we get in exchange? Well, we get to shoot a different target if we manage to win CC, if we used Engage. And then get shot to crap or counter-assaulted on the opponent's turn.

'Ard Boyz are no longer worth the investment due to critical hit No Retreat.

Our vehicles are now several times more deadly when exploding to the heavier troops we use them to transport.

Quote Originally Posted by Necropolis View Post

if my understanding of this is correct, a Bs2 would still mean a 5+ to hit if the unit has moved at all. i dont see any difference between that and the current rules

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast