BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

So much makes sence in many codices ive seen that has left me wonder..
    Also, all the rumours heard about 6th ed, are backed up by this document.. (atleast most of them)..

The feeling I have now, is that the game will be a lot more brutal in every aspect (although it is equally likely that i just have not understood the stuff in those pages correctly..

Looks like this will be a repeat of 5e for the poor Necrons.
    How so?
    - We have no idea of the multi-targeting() value of the necron vehicles (aside from monolith, its gonna be around 7 i think? (1 for the 1 structure point, and 6 for being super-heavy)
    - Monolith type heavy means its super heavy -> -3 to the weapon damage tables, and it ignores Destroyed - Weapon results... Talking about the might of the Citadel it ought to have, eh?
    - Prefered enemy: Heavy destroyers are gonna be hitting stuff with either 3+ or 2+ (str9 AP2/AP1, cant remember), talking about rather scary amount of accurate long range firepower that can stay save with relatively small ease..
    - Those Necron skinfreaks (totally forgot their name) is most likely to have DeepStrike(Ambush), that is gonna be devastating (aye, charge from deepstrike without scatter O_o)
    - Necrons are best at "slowly" eating away enemy vehicles -> Hull Breach is gonna be major for them.. (two immobile is enough for a wreck)
    - Vehicle explosion are now gonna be serious threat to any passenger (Critical Hits) -> Necron transport just teleports its cargo back to base to be safe..
    - If Monstrous Weapon-is left as it is stated, all monstrous creatures with a CCW will be Double str, no armor saves, 2d6 armor pen.. cheap spyders practically auto penetrating everything aside from landraiders (and other necron factions Monoliths)
    - Their +2 to front and side armor skill (forgot name, but making them 13/13/something) is gonna be insane, because melta wont be giving +1 to damage table anymore, meaning they are gonna be way harder to destroy unless you get real close with them.
    - Cant tell if necron immortal gauss blaster is gonna be rapid fire 1 or 2.. potential 18" relentless heavy bolters in the squad that glan everything on a natural 6..
    - Deathmarks: 2+ hit, 2+ wound, and shooter allocates wounds.. not too bad (plus they rend)..

Maybe I just haven't read the leaked rules right.. but this surely feel like not that bad situation for them..

Bs2 would still mean a 5+
    Orks hit with BS 2:

Stationary tank (and walker, monstrous etc, big targets) 3+
    tank (and walker, monstrous etc, big targets) 4+
    stationary troop 4+
    moving troop 5+
    stationary swarms 5+
    fast moving stuff 6+
    moving swarms 6+

------------------

Burnas and Scorchas are gonna be deadly in close combat, other than that, I feel ork close combat profiency got lessened a lot by this (compared to other races, who mostly seems to be getting buffs towards cc)
    ----------------
    Edit1
    What I am hoping, is that the Landraider(all variants) would be made vehicle(Heavy,Tank).. This would make it the beast it should be.. One of the hardest vehicles to destroy in the whole 40k universe, able to drive forward with all guns blasting on different targets.. And worth the investment of points you have to sink to get one..

On the other hand, based on that "shooting: to hit chart", Devastators and Havocs and others with bs4+ are gonna be devastating with blast-weapons against hordes, and as deadly against tanks..

-To moving infantry: Maximum scatter is 4"
    -To stationary infantry: Maximum scatter is 2"

- And they hit tanks (other than fast skimmers), regardless if targets are moving or not, on a 2+

How do you like the sound of that?

/Edit1
    Last edited by Wildcard; 01-14-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    Burnas and Scorchas are gonna be deadly in close combat
    Using up your kombi-skorcha for a fire sweep sounds like a pretty bad idea, especially since most Orks packing those are going to also be packing PKs or something. Here's how it breaks down for the Burnas, though.

5 Burnas (power weapon) vs. MEQ: 3.75 wounds average
    5 Burnas (fire sweep) vs. MEQ: 5 wounds average

5 Burnas (power weapon) vs. GEQ: 6.67 wounds average
    5 Burnas (fire sweep) vs. GEQ: 10 wounds average

All calculations assumed Burnas received charge. The nice thing about the fire sweep on that unit is that we don't suffer from loss of strength from furious charge or loss of attacks in ensuing rounds.

Chapter-Master

Even if ork shooting gets any real boost, remember that every other army gets a similar boost, and orks will also be hurt by the fact that cover is weaker now. It works out pretty well. Plus, the green tide isn't quite a power list anyways. While I've seen plenty of orks in the top placements at tournaments all over the place, it's usually more balanced lists than 180 boyz.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    So much makes sence in many codices ive seen that has left me wonder..
    Also, all the rumours heard about 6th ed, are backed up by this document.. (atleast most of them)..
    Right, this is what is making me still consider these even if GW has denied them. There's a lot of stuff here that really balances out problems with 5th ed, and while there is some weird stuff the majority of this document is pretty good quality rules for a draft. MSU vehicle spam a problem? Not any more, now that you can't score inside a transport, or shoot out of fire ports beyond 18", or hide your psychic hood inside a vehicle, etc.

So even if these are fake, there's a lot of stuff in these rules that I would really like GW to copy. In general, these rules make games go faster, your units more deadly, deployment and reserves more tactical, less randomness overall, and while boosting a lot of weaker armies while nerfing some of the more annoying armies (razorback spam, driagowing/multi wound rocks, stationary units like long fang spam).

I mean, currently a lot of people including myself simply Run during the movement phase, even though you technically wait till the shooting phase to do it. This takes it one step further and combines the assault move into this as well. No more need to move each unit, then Run each unit, then charge with each unit. That's three moves per turn per unit. These rules consolidate that all down to one single move per turn per unit. And they still retain some bonuses for having ranged weapons in assault units (assault weapons grant extra attacks, flamers cause free hits, etc), so even though you can't shoot before you assault there are still benefits. Plus, now you can charge that wimpy unit of Grots, kill them, then redirect your fire to an actual important target like a nearby Battlewagon or unit of Boyz. Before you would have been stuck shooting the Grots, or not shooting at all.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Oh, and I though that this would be relevant: [url]http://www.frontlinegaming.org/2012/01/13/6th-ed-40k-rumors/[/url]

Here's the important part:
    A source of ours who knows people who knows people, etc. often shares tidbits of juicy rumors. Today he and I were talking about 6th ed and whether or not the leaked rules were legit.

He told me that a friend of his who works for GW not only confirmed that this rule-set was legit, but that it was the culmination of a master plan, so to speak, that has been in the works for years.
    I happen to know some of the guys from the zero comp team, and know that their 'friend of a friend' source has accurately predicted stuff in the past. I've met at least one source in person before and he knew exactly what was going on with the Sister's WD codex months before it came out. So while it's obviously no guarantee, I'm inclined to trust their source.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    First off, warseer mods are notorious for shutting down threads at the slightest provocation. Secondly, people there kept trying to post links to the pdf, which is against forum rules there (and here). Real or not, none of the big forums are going to risk legal action over something stupid like that.
    No one said anything about posting links, just discussions. They now have a discussion thread the mods created, it's starts out with declaring it a hoax just because and email is going to be sent from GW to stores. That was supposed to happen ... 4 days ago? And no one has said if the letter has hit the stores yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Madjob View Post
    What gives you that idea?

Nobody stays still against Orks these days anyways, meaning it's rare that we're going to be hitting better than 5s on anything except monstrous creatures.

We might as well have no armor save at all. I would honestly be perfectly fine with a 1 point reduction for everything that currently has a 6+ save to get rid of said save, because we're never going to use it outside of CC and now we're never going to use it in CC either.

We no longer get to pepper our targets and immediately assault them, which means we now have to keep our Orks sitting and shooting for an extra turn first before assaulting to get the CC odds we used to get from a single turn. What did we get in exchange? Well, we get to shoot a different target if we manage to win CC, if we used Engage. And then get shot to crap or counter-assaulted on the opponent's turn.

'Ard Boyz are no longer worth the investment due to critical hit No Retreat.

Our vehicles are now several times more deadly when exploding to the heavier troops we use them to transport.
    You're probably correct. (I'm by no means an expert here.) With BS2 in 5e, a unit needs a 5+ to hit everything. With these new rules, a BS2 unit would hit as follows.

Stationary massive unit (tank?): 3+
    Stationary unit: 4+
    Moving unit: 5+
    Moving swarm: 6+ (yay Scarabs!)
    Flyers: 6+
    In general, I think you are probably correct (i.e. that this isn't a boon for Orks) as most enemies will move to make sure they get the EV advantage. I hope they prevent people from just moving them half an inch to get the advantage. I think they need to have moved at least 6" or something.

"t does not matter how far the unit has moved as long as it counts as moving."

Thanks for the reply...

Interesting that the AP1 bonus is now missing from the vehicle damage table. I'm a little disappointed to see "tank" get a -1. (Isn't IG good enough.) I wish they could work in some kind of AP modifier when rolling to penetrate (rather than just strength); not that it wouldn't also give IG an advantage.

On a side note, the Monolith is indicated has Heavy.

"Heavy
    Super-heavy vehicles with a single Structure point
    are sometimes referred to as ‘Heavy’"

Would it be cool if the Monolith was considered a Super-Heavy. F-ya!! (One can dream.)

Chapter-Master

AP 1 negates the -1 that tanks get, so it's still there. And while the -1 makes tanks a bit tougher in one way, there are plenty of ways that most tanks (and in particular transports) have been nerfed. The new damage table is more punishing of multiple damage results, so it's easier to damage a vehicle to death. Passengers shooting out of a vehicle has been nerfed to an 18" max range. Cover saves are worse in general. Units inside a transport cannot claim objectives. You also have to hold an objective for the entire turn to claim it, so no driving onto the objective on the last turn and sneaking in a win.

Edit: Dangerous terrain can also be a lot worse for vehicles. Now instead of immobilizing the vehicle, it causes a penetrating hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Necropolis View Post
    I hope they prevent people from just moving them half an inch to get the advantage. I think they need to have moved at least 6" or something.
    No.While moving comes with the advantage of the Ev boost, it also comes with inherent disadvantages. Namely, you can't shoot as effectively. Weapons that can move and shoot, or units with relentless, are very good because they can benefit from moving without sacrificing their Ev, but most units will have to choose between shooting to their full effect or gaining the Ev bonus.
    Last edited by DarkLink; 01-15-2012 at 12:54 AM.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Necropolis View Post
    On a side note, the Monolith is indicated has Heavy.

"Heavy
    Super-heavy vehicles with a single Structure point
    are sometimes referred to as ‘Heavy’"

Would it be cool if the Monolith was considered a Super-Heavy. F-ya!! (One can dream.)
    I wish! It has a special rule which is more like 'Lumbering'. That means that it can only move at combat speed, which now is 8" since it is a skimmer. It also has mulit-targeting (3) and always counts as stationary when firing weapons, so it can shoot double the weapons of whatever multi-targeting value it has at the time. With the new damage table, mass melta is the only thing it really needs to fear now. Lance en masse can still hurt, but there is only a 1 in 6 chance of destroying it and a 1 in 3 chance to pen, which means around 21 shots with BS 4.

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast