BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

If this is a fake, GW has their work cut out for themselves to release something that is better. If their version isn't, then expect quite a few people to be playing this version, me included.
    +1
    ....shhh, it's okay, it's just me.... I`m Beast at the back of your head.

Chapter-Master

What particular model or unit that has been consigned to the display shelf for eternity do these rules get you excited about?

Personally, I'm looking forward to using my shining spears again. Now that they won't need their exarch to withdrawal from combat, and the fact that they can charge in, jump out, then shoot whatever is left with their shuriken cats (and laser lances...I think, since MT+Fast+Charge lets you fire as if you are stationary and that lets you double your multitargeting rule... I'm pretty sure I have this right) I'm liking them quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Personally, I'm looking forward to using my shining spears again. Now that they won't need their exarch to withdrawal from combat, and the fact that they can charge in, jump out, then shoot whatever is left with their shuriken cats (and laser lances...I think, since MT+Fast+Charge lets you fire as if you are stationary and that lets you double your multitargeting rule... I'm pretty sure I have this right) I'm liking them quite a bit.
    What? How are they getting out of CC?

Chapter-Master

Eldar Jetbikes have Drawback.

.... which... happens in the consolidation phase.. so they wouldn't get to shoot then. Still.. its better than getting the exarch's head sniped off and being worthless for the rest of the game.

What particular model or unit that has been consigned to the display shelf for eternity do these rules get you excited about?
    1) Chaos *u**ing dreads. No more shooting my own dudes, acts normally when the result doesn't apply. SWEET.

2) Chaos spawn. The new rules make them... you know... not suck so hard.

3) sisters Seraphim: SO MANY PISTOLS! SO AWESOME! melta pistols on one of those broads is gonna be brutal. Not to mention how fast jump packs are!

4) PREDATORS. Oh god yes predators. Being able to move and fire its full load out makes me moist.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Eldar Jetbikes have Drawback.

.... which... happens in the consolidation phase.. so they wouldn't get to shoot then. Still.. its better than getting the exarch's head sniped off and being worthless for the rest of the game.
    Ahhh I understand, but I think this is in error. Drawback is listed as a shooting action and you cannot use shooting actions in CC.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Ahhh I understand, but I think this is in error. Drawback is listed as a shooting action and you cannot use shooting actions in CC.
    Actually looking at it again... here's the low down.

If you DO take the exarch's hit-and-run, then you can do this -

Charge in the movement phase (20" charge like whoa). Then if the exarch survives, he can use the hit and run power to move out of combat 3". Then the squad can blast away in the shooting phase since they are fast, and they can shoot with both guns, and then in the consolidation phase they can go 2d6" away.

Draw Back by itself doesn't mean you can get out of combat - so my assertion that the Exarch can die and them still get out of combat is false - however, all Eldar jetbikes can make a consolidation move of 2d6" if not engaged in combat.

Still might be fuzzy about it all but thats what it seems like.

Actually looking at it again... here's the low down.

If you DO take the exarch's hit-and-run, then you can do this -

Charge in the movement phase (20" charge like whoa). Then if the exarch survives, he can use the hit and run power to move out of combat 3". Then the squad can blast away in the shooting phase since they are fast, and they can shoot with both guns, and then in the consolidation phase they can go 2d6" away.

Draw Back by itself doesn't mean you can get out of combat - so my assertion that the Exarch can die and them still get out of combat is false - however, all Eldar jetbikes can make a consolidation move of 2d6" if not engaged in combat.

Still might be fuzzy about it all but thats what it seems like.
    yep that is it exactly, you can hit and run THEN draw back. <I was REALLY hoping you had found a way to get out of combat> 20" in and up to 15" back out. That is the quick Eldar that they should be.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by L192837465 View Post
    3) sisters Seraphim: SO MANY PISTOLS! SO AWESOME! melta pistols on one of those broads is gonna be brutal. Not to mention how fast jump packs are!
    I get the feeling (again...IF THIS IS REAL :P) that the sisters codex, though devoid of life, individuality, style, flavour and character seems almost custom written for these rules, not 5th.

As for models that will be awesome suddenly...I feel mandrakes in a DE list may be a little better with changes to inflitration.

Howling Banshees (not that they were ever on the shelf) seem to be a big up and coming unit...now wave serpents seem to be assault ramped (i got that from something) and they get a 5++ in CC.

And Tau...not a unit but that upgrade that allows a single unit to enter play on a 2+....you could put that on a regiment/ group reserve thing and get everything on turn 2 if you wanted....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

@DrLove42
    3) Things that now make sense
    GK Falchions.
    In what way does this make sense?

I find greatness in:
    -The assault weapons (+1 attack in charge on top of the normal bonus attack, making it total +2A when charging)
    -Terminators getting same (+2A total in charge, and if equipped with heavy/assault weapon, +1A to base aswell, from relentless..)
    - Dreadknight = relentless, also gets +1A in CC from one equipped shooty weapon. (so it doesn't harm in the number of cc attacks if you take a sword in stead of 2 fists)
    - Same for dreadnoughts, since all vehicles are relentless, DCCW + ranged weapon = one extra attack in cc
    -Master Crafting whole squads (paladins basically), cos now it lets you re-roll as many dice that you have mastercrafteds, not just model-to-model basis..

But what of the GK Falchions?
    Only thing that i can think of, is that since both of your hands are 'occupied', you can't use secondary weapon (stormbolter) when chargin.. But seems a far fetched in my opinion..

Also, force weapons being instant death(2), does this mean that when each causes 2 extra wounds, they are caused only to the target model, or each of the three wounds (one 'basic' + 2 extras) to a different model? So will i kill one or three ork boyz with one swing?
    And on the other hand, do instant deaths stack; Hitting with str10 nemesis daemonhammer a t4 marine, will i get loads of extra wounds to cause, or is it only one or the another?

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast