BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Lets also realize that the placeholders look exactly like they did in the leaked 5th edition rulebook that came out which was, IIRC, 100% accurate rules-wise and hit the internet 2months before the official release.

Chapter-Master

The wya i look at it its one of three things. Genuine, groups playbook or troll

It could be genuine.

It strikes me as being too close to the real thing for a local playbook. Lets face it if you're writing a rule book for your local group would you really go to all the effort of identical formatting and describing even the most basic rules.

And on the other closeness to the real thing makes it too good to be a troll. The attention to detail makes it the most effort anyone has ever spent on a troll, and with no one coming forward to take the praise for his work is just doesn't seem right either.

Or maybe I just want to believe
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    But why have placeholder images to get the paragraph length and whatnot right when you will have to go back and change everything so people aren't trawling through 100+ pages just to find out what a fast skimmer, or whatever else, can do? I'm not exactly an expert but I helped out at a friends magazine once and that sort of thing was finalised BEFORE placeholder images went in, not after. I'd be surprised if GW did it differently, it doesn't make sense.
    Until recently GW hasn't exactly been know for 'well organized rule books'.

If its the real deal, it could be assumed that the author started by working off a draft copy of the current edition, or a template, I would be surprised is GW didn't have a template for this sort of thing, allowing the author the freedom of adding deleting cutting...etc, perhaps the spacing for the diagrams were already there?
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

I'm surprised people are still talking about this thing that is so obviously not real. A GW employee that has worked for the company for 12 years and is connected to everything going on says these are fake and told me where they came from. Some disgruntled designer that used to work for the company.

Banned

^ Lol

Well I was talking to Jervis' father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate and he tells me they're totally legit.

Unless by "has worked for the company for 12 years and is connected to everything going on" you mean "is Phil Kelly", your claim, or even this mystery connected person's, has as much substance as anyone elses. Which is not a whole lot, I'm afraid.

Case in point:

More noise [URL="http://www.frontlinegaming.org/2012/01/13/6th-ed-40k-rumors/"]via Reecius of Frontline Gaming[/URL] claiming it's all part of some grand master plan... make of it what you will:

So, we heard a doozy of a rumor today that I wanted to share with the community.

A source of ours who knows people who knows people, etc. often shares tidbits of juicy rumors. Today he and I were talking about 6th ed and whether or not the leaked rules were legit.

He told me that a friend of his who works for GW not only confirmed that this rule-set was legit, but that it was the culmination of a master plan, so to speak, that has been in the works for years.

Apparently, GW game design has wanted to get away from the edition cycle they’ve been in for the past 3 editions, and want to move towards a core rule set that they can rely on for a long period of time, updating with FAQ’s and Erratas as needed. They want to avoid sweeping changes that leave certain armies in the dust, and therefore with lagging sales.

This would allow them to focus on the model line to a greater degree, and to expand the game into different directions. They would be able to explore the game story both forwards and backwards, and a Warhammer 30K supplement was mentioned (which we’ve been hearing about multiple times). He also mentioned the possibility of progressing the story-line, which we have also been hearing from multiple sources.

The following are my thoughts on that information.

Forgeworld is already fleshing out the backstory with all of their preheresy and heresy era kits. It is not much of a stretch of the imagination to see FW doing a supplement for this period much as they did with the Badab War books, or at least making the models (Primarchs, anyone?).

This would allow GW to keep all books current, and to focus on the models, updating books as they need to.

Is this true? Who can say. Do I want it to be true? Yeah! It is criminal that GW has not made a game supplement for the most exciting part of the game background (Horus Heresy) and who wouldn’t want to use Primarchs and the Emperor and Horus in games? That would be awesome. Who wouldn’t want to see the story advance? That would be awesome, too!

And a lot of what we see in books that don’t make sense now, in the context of the new 6th ed rules we think are real, start to make sense. Maybe that is a case of fitting the system to the existing rules, or perhaps it was all part of a master plan. Who knows? Time will tell what we actually get, but all I can say is that I am very excited for what is to come.

What do you all think about this rumor? Would you like to see these things come true?

[URL="http://www.frontlinegaming.org/2012/01/13/6th-ed-40k-rumors/"]http://www.frontlinegaming.org/2012/01/13/6th-ed-40k-rumors/[/URL]

Chapter-Master

I have to say, arguing over when GW likes to format their books and add in pictures when none of us have any clue what process GW actually uses is kind of a pointless tangent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Case in point:

More noise [URL="http://www.frontlinegaming.org/2012/01/13/6th-ed-40k-rumors/"]via Reecius of Frontline Gaming[/URL] claiming it's all part of some grand master plan... make of it what you will:
    I already linked to that like three days ago. As I mentioned before, they do know people who genuinely know things.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

"Apparently, GW game design has wanted to get away from the edition cycle they’ve been in for the past 3 editions, and want to move towards a core rule set that they can rely on for a long period of time, updating with FAQ’s and Erratas as needed. They want to avoid sweeping changes that leave certain armies in the dust, and therefore with lagging sales."

Of course, that's what they said with 7th ed fantasy, that they were finally happy with rule set, weren't going to make any more big changes, just up date army books and so on and so forth. Then they did 8th ed.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

So this hoax copies a previous leak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Lets also realize that the placeholders look exactly like they did in the leaked 5th edition rulebook that came out which was, IIRC, 100% accurate rules-wise and hit the internet 2months before the official release.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    So this hoax copies a previous leak.
    Why would a set of homegrown rules follow a previous leak? Why would you waste the time formatting it.

The hoax blood angels codex didn't follow the "GW standard" formatting cues.

Chapter-Master

Copying the previous leak formatting doesn't same home grown. Its screams deliberate fakery/trolling.

And I don't think a troll would make as good a set of rules. Why would they? Thats like anti-trolling. If you faked something you'd make something barely playable that caused a lot of people to disown it.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast