BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Well, hell, if they play tested it and it wasn't fun then we should be thankful........unless what they release sucks worse. Then **** em. I will play heretic 40K

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by GrenAcid View Post
    LMAO thats the most retarded thing I read on BoW ever, wargamming nerds gonna abuse any rulebook even if you try hard to make it balanced, Wh40k is not meant for balanced turnament play, be a man and face it.
    The very fact that a very significant portion of the gaming community strongly disagrees with you about the competitiveness of 40k simply highlights the need for balanced gameplay. Regardless, the idea that an activity that involves any significant amount of player skill cannot be competitive just because that's not necessarily what the creators intended is laughable.

I hope realy-realy-realy hard that BoW team drop dead & their souls will burn in hell
    Ummm... I think you might want to see a psychiatrist about that. Seriously.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I hope realy-realy-realy hard that BoW team drop dead & their souls will burn in hell!
    That's not scary at all.

I wonder if this was a calculated plan by GW to leak the rules and see how people liked it in the inevitable playtesting that would occur??
    The Krandor 116th Airborne: Flying Arctic Rednecks..IN SPACE!!!
    http://paradoxgaming.intodit.com- Proud seller of time-space disruptions since 2010

Shas'o

Could someone please PM me where to find the rules leak. I can't get it from BoK for some reason.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JxKxR View Post
    Could someone please PM me where to find the rules leak. I can't get it from BoK for some reason.
    Leaked rules seemed to be an early draft if true. Not sure if you really want them since I believe 6th edition will look like nothing like this. Too many complaints from SM players to like these rule set. Maybe not SM players per se, but people who said it was "too complicated" or to much change play SM it seems.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Shas'o

I just like what I hear about them. I don't really care if they are real or not.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Librarian

LMAO thats the most retarded thing I read on BoW ever, wargamming nerds gonna abuse any rulebook even if you try hard to make it balanced, Wh40k is not meant for balanced turnament play, be a man and face it.

You know, it pains me that I think you're kind of right. I'd love it if GW made games that were very well balanced, and the better played game almost always won. But the culture surrounding GW games completely subverts this.

We have words like Cheesy or Beardy for times when someone is using their codex to the fullest. I'd really like to play a game where both players can bring everything they have, play their top tier A game and leave happy.

I actually think that Blood Bowl looks like this. Of course, the game balance there has kind of left the hands of GW a little while ago.

www.GardenNinja.com

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233