BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solar Pulse?

Librarian

Just to belabor the point, Employees in GW shops are trained to make sales, and have no special training or insights to the rules.

Their opinions have no more standing in a rules debate than yours.

They just happen to be correct this time.

Chapter-Master

That's what you think, however, they speak from a voice of authority. Although, they could be wrong, but I have had many-a-rules question ended with GW. If anything, the dispute is over.

In many ways, it is like a Tournament Judge. They don't always know the rules as well as you or I (nor care to debate the idiosyncrasies of a wording), but, they solve the problem.

Kinda like how the INAT FAQ ends debate at tournaments, no matter how dumb it is.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Librarian

Store managers are best trusted to offer insight on the rules followed at the store, and often teach new players with these tools. However, GW sales staff (any of its stores) and all other GW staff groups are so far separated that it's not even funny. Literally, it's mind bogglingly saddening to know that if you love GW from the bottom of your heart and start as a sales member, you can't ever break into the rest of the company without first quitting.

Like I said its not 100% official, but it is as close as we are goin to get until they FAQ it.

Gentlemen. Enough of the bickering. There is a section of the rule book near the beginning that explains this issue. I do not have it in front of me but I do remember it saying that any reference to 'turn' meant player turn unless specifically stated 'game turn'. This is in the rules and I did not post it here because I thought the point was mute and the answer known.

So, in summary the solar pulse only activates for one player turn upon use. It is a benefit device to the necrons and does not present any drawbacks like making them suffer night fight as well.

And I think it is important to embrace the local hobby and the word of the employees bit rules like this are often best left to decision via the internets masses and shared with the locale. If your shop still doesn't like the ruling however there is no problem with different interpretations as long as they are consistent and well known.
    For the Empire-----CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

Chapter-Master

Yeah, I know. This has been faqed, too. People just need to read the rules...
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

I don't play at my local GW anyway as we have our own club. I was just browsing BoLS and thought I would ask about it the next time I dropped in.

I also meant to ask if it can be used on a turn that the cryptek isn't on the board (I would say no), and if it can e used in a transport (I would say yes)

Our group plays it as game turn (me being the only person using 'crons) it doesn't bother me either way, I tend to play how my opponent interprets it to make the game smoother and more enjoyable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12