BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Pretty sure I addressed that when I said:r. "
    I reiterate: I did say 'A very simple reason'

You rambled

Just clarifying the point for you - no need to over think it!
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

My two cents: this is an intentional leak by GW. GW gets a few things out of it: they generate buzz ahead of the release, getting the faithful jazzed up. Also, they get the community at large to playtest the rules... the community at large is probably better at "breaking" the system than their small community of playtesters is... thousands of us might spot deficiencies that the 40 or so of them might miss. They get both benefits behind the full cover of deniability. One more thing: this month's White Dwarf editorial by Jervis touches on the fact that game designers aren't as good at pushing the rules to the limit; ultra-competitive gamers do that... heck, the editorial more than touches on that point... that is the point of the editorial! It seems nicely timed to coincide with this possible leak. A quick skim of the rules look pretty good to me (though I'd still like to see True Line of Sight go away).

Cheers! Cope

PS One last thing: GW could do this leak with New Line's knowledge... they could have worked this out with NLC... I don't see that as an issue...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by yrdetraxe View Post
    That's exactly what I would do in such a Situation.

Intentional slip or leak, I don't care. I just know that I like what I'm reading and that I think it is real.
    Imo easily THE best ruleset for 40k in Ages.

If that is correct I'll be one happy-as-hell wargamer.
    No no no, the Situation would definitely fist pump:

www.queencityguard.com

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Azaghul View Post
    I reiterate: I did say 'A very simple reason'

You rambled

Just clarifying the point for you - no need to over think it!
    Ah I see, you took what I said and made it so stupid people could understand it. That's where I've been going wrong with this whole forum posting malarkey- assuming internet users had brains. Glad you were on hand to clarify to my otherwise incomprehensible post. Perhaps I should keep you on a retainer, I could tell you what I want to say and then you could just post for me.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Copeland View Post
    Also, they get the community at large to playtest the rules... the community at large is probably better at "breaking" the system than their small community of playtesters is... thousands of us might spot deficiencies that the 40 or so of them might miss.
    One problem with this idea. The game is due out in around 6 months, give or take and that doesn't give them a lot of room to fix any major errors, given that it needs writing up into a proper book, printing and such like. They will also now be writing codexes on the basis of that and so won't be expecting to make major changes. Also if they wanted public playtesters, it would be far more efficient to actually hire some, rather than leak half finished rules and trawl internet forums for the odd grain of useful feedback amongst the opinionated rubbish most of us post. If it has been deliberately leaked, its to generate hype, nothing more. I wouldn't put it past GW to leak rules they had no intention of ever including in a game, just to generate chatter.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

there's no way that thing could have been A) an old version or B) a final version. it was too complicated and horribly designed. i've worked as a designer, and that book was the type of convoluted junk that playtesters would come up with and try and get me to work with.

Has any one thought that possibly the "keeping a lid on things" deal with New Line might actually be a big fabrication on GW's part to pave the way for an intentional leak like this? Has New Line made any official statements about this deal with GW?
    Check it: http://hotschnitzel.blogspot.com/

New Line wouldn't give a damn about a 40k or WFB leak so long as their Hobbit stuff remains under lock and key.

I'm still inclined to assume it is a hoax as I can't see GW making such huge changes to their flagship system.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

not much to go on. But a mate of mine who is also mates with the regular reliable rumour guys (oh god what a mouthful) reckons that this is likely the real deal.

personally....I don't care, me and a couple of mates are already planning a few games using the rules set and if it plays well enough who cares if its "fake", its still vastly superior to ANOTHER game of parking lot at this point.

I don't get why someone would write such a good set of rules and not take the credit for them, only to troll the 40k community. Seriously the thought of that is insane to me.
    My blog http://galaxyinflames.blogspot.com/ Prodos Games US Marketing and Sales manager http://shop.prodosgames.com/en/

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast