BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Default 6th edition veracity

A GW manager I know said today that they received an email from GW HQ saying that it's a fake. So either GW are trying to cover up their mistake by lying to us to make us think it's fake or the official line from them is true. The latter seems more likely to me.

First-Captain

Seems likely its fake then
    tho would be funny if real and now they have to say its fake to keep new line cinema happy and thus have to rewrite the edition.
    For the Greater good.

Chapter-Master

I hope its real. I really do. It just seems like a great set of rules to play with.

If it is a fake then someone out there needs toget out and get laid. And i mean seriously badly. The amount of effort into writting a 100page plus document, plus the codex faq's and then leaving it for 9 months before it got out? Thats a seriously sad individual or group of individuals if its just for a troll.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

If its real and it got out then they'd be in deep trouble with New Line Cinema according whats been stated previously.

Which would give them every motivation possible to claim its a fake.

First-Captain

If they said it was fake and released it, NLC would know and could break the hobbit deal. Therefore its likey to be either fake or rewritten, or one guy will be sued for his entire future earnings for ruining this deal
    For the Greater good.

isn't there already a thread abouth 6th edition rumours?

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken View Post
    There is but it was about a different "leak" and went on for many, many pages

This document has me intrigued, i'm still at work and reading about this makes me want to get home and find it.

Thank the lord BoLS works in my work place, may go insane otherwise!

I'd be disappointed if this was fake, or if they rewrote because of the leak. It really is a great set of rules. Not perfect, but it's a big improvement over 5th, and there's enough time between last May and next July for them to fix up it's blemishes.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken View Post
    Hey, thanks for the useful contribution to the discussion!

Agreed with Doc. If this is fake, then whomever is responsible for it really needs to get some ***. But then, GW should probably also look into contracting them as a consultant. I agree the rules appear to be pretty solid. Seems like it should make for a very different game with some really fun new tactical decisions to make.

www.queencityguard.com

Fly Lord

This story keeps on getting stickier by the hour...

Mercer at[URL="http://www.imperiusdominatus.com/2012/01/proof-that-leaked-6th-rules-are-fake.html"] Imperius Dominatus[/URL] posted the following last night:

It was done on a home edition of the program that GW use the professional version of, this version was 1.5 vs the 1.6 that GW use for all their other (older) published files. The files origin is Glasgow not Lenton unlike all their published files and the file author is named Robert Smithe, not GWPLC like all their other published files.
    Now that is a lot of insider information there, such as exactly what software and versions of it GW internally uses. The problem is that the metadata embedded in the leaked files doesn't support any of those assertions. Also the version numbers listed make no sense compared to current versions of Acrobat, Indesign, Pagemaker, or QuarkExpress (the professional layout software packages for document creation).

Another poster said that the "Robert Smithe" listed is a layout employee in Lenton. Finally, the original file download links that appeared all over the place have been taken down over the last 24 hours.

GW has never lifted a finger whatsoever in the past when hoaxes appeared online (such as the fake Blood Angel codex).

Something very fishy is going on.
    Last edited by Bigred; 01-12-2012 at 01:52 PM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast