BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default basic close combat question

Been a while since i played and just picked up the isle of blood. Please let me know if i did this combat correctly:
    Situation is my 10 Swordmasters of Hoeth charge headfirst into 2 rat ogres. From what I can tell my elves strike first due to Speed of Asuryan, so ive got 2 attackes for each of the 5 elves in the front row, and 1 attack for each in the back row (via supporting attack rule), that makes 15 attacks! In additon to this, I also get to re-roll any misses because of Speed of Asuryan, as the elf Init is greater that the rat ogres. Am i applying the rules correctly ?

thanks for any help
    -A

Yup, that sounds correct!
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Sadly, yes you are correct. I hate playing against high elves.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by armyboxbob View Post
    In additon to this, I also get to re-roll any misses because of Speed of Asuryan, as the elf Init is greater that the rat ogres.
    The qualification for re-rolls with ASF is having equal or higher initiative. A lot of people seem to miss the bit about "equal" (not that it matters in the case of Rat Ogres)

Played correctly and as stated..ouch. Yup those elves sure can hit pretty hard but luckily are squishy T3.

K

= 2 dead rat ogres