BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran-Sergeant

I'm curious how the coven throne performs. Your build is very similar to mine. Let me know when you get a chance to play test it!

Well I played my first ever game with VC using this list:
    Vampire
    Heavy Armour, Aura of Dark Majesty, Beguile, Biting Blade

Necromancer
    Master of the Dead

35 Skeletons
    Command, Screaming Banner

35 skeletons
    Command

Corpse Cart
    Unholy Lodestone

5 Hexwraiths
    Hellwraith
    ...against a friends Skaven. I didn't take enough notes (it was a spur of the moment thing) to write up a battle report but I won, barely, and had heaps of fun. The highlight was my Vampiress killing a Hellpit Abomination (her skellingtons helped, mostly by dying).
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Well the Terrorgheist is cery much a strigoi thing so it isn'y really suitable, but it depends on the circumstances. Some of the background relating to the Silver Pinnacle and its defenses talk about large, winged undead beasties.
    If a Vampire Count/ess can raise and subjugate a Dragon I'm pretty darn sure that they could bring a Terrorgheist to heel. Plus it's a cool model. If you wanted to you could model a Vampire Lord/Lady onto it's back rather than a Strigoi then use it as one of your rare choices. Plus the left over bits make for great conversions.

True, but I'm still not sure it is in keeping with the Lahmian theme.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

If memory serves the original Strigoi, Ushoran, was a member of the original Lahmian Court. Thus one could say that all "Vampire" units fall under the Lahmian Banner, albeit distantly.

Well technically all Vampires are descended from Lahmians, as it was Neferata of Lahmia who became the first and sired the future bloodline leaders. But they are well and truly seperate tribes now and don't seem to like each other much. In the Ulrika novels the Lahmians come into conflict with both Strigoi and the von Carsteins.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Well technically all Vampires are descended from Lahmians, as it was Neferata of Lahmia who became the first and sired the future bloodline leaders. But they are well and truly seperate tribes now and don't seem to like each other much. In the Ulrika novels the Lahmians come into conflict with both Strigoi and the von Carsteins.
    I differ to your knowledge, though I would like to bring up the point you pointed out in regards to undead flyers around the Silver Pinnacle. Though now that I think about it, said beasts are most likely Zombie Dragons.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123