Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tag Teams

Battle-Brother

i have a couple..

Black templars
    terminator chaplain +l/claws + 10 termies + l.claws + furious charge
    add vow which gives you preffered enemy

Orks
    Ghazghkull + 10 nobz in a trukk - devastating...

Battle-Brother

I don't know if this is my favorite combo, but certainly my favorite (and necessary) for my current army; Plaguebearer and Bloodletters. The Plaguebearer are durable enough to hold most units in place to guide a bloodletter squad with thier icon and live for a turn while the Bloodletters wait for their next turn charge.

Initiate

My favorite is Sergeant telion and an iron clad dreadnought. Telion takes out the power fist sergeant in the unit and the dreadnought cleans up the rest. Nothing is scarier then armor too powerful to kill and having all your heavy weapons and power fists being picked off one by one.

pask in a vanquisher supporting my air cav. While the valkyries bombard the enemy pask picks off the enemy armour or uses the 3hvy bolter with crack shot to ferret out dug in infantry.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoKill View Post
    My favorite is Sergeant telion and an iron clad dreadnought. Telion takes out the power fist sergeant in the unit and the dreadnought cleans up the rest. Nothing is scarier then armor too powerful to kill and having all your heavy weapons and power fists being picked off one by one.
    My marines suddenly love you... Mostly, I plan on having my Telion kill commissars in Guard platoons, and taking a bunch of sniper shots to try and force a pinning test or two through on LD7.

I quite like using Pavane of Slaanesh, usually on the Masque, and using it like a reverse fleet for Bloodletters. Shame you can't stack a couple of hits on one unit, but still, can be pretty annoying for others.

Does putting Burna Boyz in a trukk, and zipping them in count? :P

Brother-Sergeant

In my orc army i use 5 meganobz and a KFF mek, all in a trukk. They don`t really do anything else than drive forvard one turn, get their trukk blown to bitz and suck a lot of fire. That is exactly what makes them great: high survivable unit that your oponent just can´t ignore. All the vile my boyz run into position without being killed by enemy ordnance
    Last edited by icecube; 08-10-2009 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew283 View Post
    Broodlord and Uberstealer retinue kill EVERYTHING WITHOUT FAIL!
    Late reply, but the SM Captain with command squad on bikes I ran for fun this weekend would beg to differ.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Diagnosis Ninja View Post
    My marines suddenly love you... Mostly, I plan on having my Telion kill commissars in Guard platoons, and taking a bunch of sniper shots to try and force a pinning test or two through on LD7.

I quite like using Pavane of Slaanesh, usually on the Masque, and using it like a reverse fleet for Bloodletters. Shame you can't stack a couple of hits on one unit, but still, can be pretty annoying for others.

Does putting Burna Boyz in a trukk, and zipping them in count? :P
    Ooo thats sneaky, However the sergeants still make the unit LD8 no?

my favourite teams are:

gaunts or shooty warriors combined with a squad of feeder stealers right behind it.
    the first squad catches an enemy by beeing charged and then the stealers kill them.

reaver battle titan kitted out with full anti-armor/titan weaponry (usually triple-laser, meltagun and vortex missile) and a warhound with weapons against small stuff. the warhound uses the reaver to get cover against dangerous long range ordnance while clearing the vicinity of titan-killing suicide squads. with it's back covered the reaver can freely kill heavy armored targets at will withouit worrying for anti-titan squads.

Librarian

Daemon-quisitor w/ 2x mystics, 20-man sisters of Battle squad, 2x meltas and veteran.

This is a planetstrike combo that is utterly rape-tastic. Makes about half of the high-end armies unusable on a normal 6x4 board or less. Especially if you put two of them on the table. The end result tends to be that your opponent can only safely enter from the far board edge, where you can pelt him to death or prepare traps to funnel him down a kill corridor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast