BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    You'll have the Council snooping around your back garden with telephoto lens's! lol
    (Note to North Americans and other Aliens: Local authorities in England have tried to take several people to court over the contents of their home re-cycle bins. The Cases were dismissed due to a lack of photographic evidence! lol)
    Anyone else have a mental image of some "concerned citizens" snooping about one's garden looking for recycling container violations whilst completely missing the unmarked, shallow graves?

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Schnitzel View Post
    As I don't have the space for the hordes of sprues I collect over time, I tend to throw them out by the bin full. Just straight out into the garbage. Not a care in the world.
    When I lived in Germany... yeah, I recycled. But only because it was what the German govt provided my Embassy with. In Austria though, straight trash can. In Oman, trash can again. When I get back to the states, trash can.
    I'll start caring when its proven and accepted by the general public as a whole that global warming is man caused and not a natural occurring phenomenon.
    The general public are idiots.

Seriously.

Whether or not it would be happening either way, there's plenty of evidence that we contribute.
    Opinions are like aresholes. Get yours outta my face.. MindWar FTW. Bald and Screaming. Couple others...;) Learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
    The general public are idiots.

Seriously.

Whether or not it would be happening either way, there's plenty of evidence that we contribute.
    True, but if its something that will happen inevitably regardless of human contribution or not, I'm not going to alter my lifestyle to try to stop it.
    Check it: http://hotschnitzel.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by RocketRollRebel View Post
    I agree. I'd totally be down for a way to recycle my extra sprues. It blows my mind when ever I leave the north east at how few recycling programs there are here in the states.
    I bet if you talked to your local store owner, they'd let you put a "sprue recycling" box in the store. Then take it down to get it recycled and if you get some money back it can go towards something for everyone-- like terrain.

But 50 sprues is nothing, by weight, it isn't that much. Heck, I've got 50 sprues hanging around in my "empty sprue" shoebox. You should have seen this place after I built 25 buildings for BoLSCon; there was sprue and cardboard box everywhere. The sprue became rubble and the boxes were recycled-- it isn't just in Canada that they pick up your recycling for free.

Even here down in Texas. (Although they won't take glass-- apparently there's no market for recycled glass in central Texas. Oh, well, at least someone is being smart and making money off my recycling instead of just it being a different bin that dumps to a landfill.)

On a recycling side-note, when I lived in Los Angeles, we had homeless guys troll through our garbage and pick out the recycling; you could hear their rustling the mornings of trash pick up day. That was an efficient system, since they'd go into trash cans and make sure all of it was properly "sorted".

As I don't have the space for the hordes of sprues I collect over time, I tend to throw them out by the bin full. Just straight out into the garbage. Not a care in the world.
    When I lived in Germany... yeah, I recycled. But only because it was what the German govt provided my Embassy with. In Austria though, straight trash can. In Oman, trash can again. When I get back to the states, trash can.
    I'll start caring when its proven and accepted by the general public as a whole that global warming is man caused and not a natural occurring phenomenon.
    OK, good luck with that...

I also wish I could recycle my sprues, I have a huge box of them and don't want to throw them away. I remeber an article from the Cities of Death days about meat grinding them into rubble chunks, and I always thought that would be nice...If I ever get around to buying a meat grinder.

Chaplain

I do not know how it works, but GW does let you recycle these. Call them and see.

They are actually working on a program to trade in the old sprue plastic for credit, I hear through the grapevine. After all, that plastic is one of their most costly expenses. Giving us 5 bucks for 5 sprues as opposed to paying for them is a huge savings for the company (much like Gamestop).

I forget how it is, but you can call them and find out.

True, but if its something that will happen inevitably regardless of human contribution or not, I'm not going to alter my lifestyle to try to stop it.
    That's the spirit. Cause a huge climate shift that will probably ultimately result in mass extinction, 100s of years earlier than it might have normally happened, making it occur too quickly for evolution to be of use...all because you don't want to throw certain garbage in a different colored bucket than usual. Very logical. /sigh
    Last edited by EmperorEternalXIX; 09-16-2009 at 10:13 AM.

www.evildice40k.com

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorEternalXIX View Post

That's the spirit. Cause a huge climate shift that will probably ultimately result in mass extinction, 100s of years earlier than it might have normally happened, making it occur too quickly for evolution to be of use...all because you don't want to throw certain garbage in a different colored bucket than usual. Very logical. /sigh
    Well, as Uncle Sam has not graced my detachment of Marines with a recycle bin and I have no other option that to chunk my trash in the garbage can, I can't change my ways even if I wanted.
    Check it: http://hotschnitzel.blogspot.com/

Well, as Uncle Sam has not graced my detachment of Marines with a recycle bin and I have no other option that to chunk my trash in the garbage can, I can't change my ways even if I wanted.
    Don't you love your country son? Why don't you jump on board with the team for the big win! All I ask is that my Marines obey my word as if it was the word of god. Its a hard ball world out there, we've gota keep our heads until this re-cycling craze blows over!
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Chaplain

Hey! The STC for Garbage Trucks is buried deep within the vaults of the Mechanicus. None shall know it's secrets!!

www.evildice40k.com

Battle-Brother

It's not as simple as just putting your sprues in the recycling bin. There are different types of plastic, and I'm pretty sure that the plastic GW uses isn't the kind that is usually recycled.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast