BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I think that polystyrene is one of the more readily recyclable plastics. If one's recycling service accepts plastic marked with a "PS" (or marked with a "6"), then plastic sprue will be accepted. It is the same plastic as styrofoam cups, packing peanuts, rigid insulation, etc.
    Last edited by Culven; 09-16-2009 at 07:14 PM.

Librarian

Default A Helpful Suggestion

Well you do not want that crap sitting around in a landfill/garbage dump/rubish pit for centuries, that is for certain! I recommend you wait until spring-time. I do not know where you live, but here in Toad Suck, bald eagles and other rare birds-of-prey sometimes nest along the Arkansas River. When spring rolls around they build these really nice, big nests. I would wait until you see a nesting pair, then climb the pine tree and deposit the sprues in the nest. The plastic bits should remain pretty safe in there, and that way they are not cluttering up a landfill. If you live in the northwest part of the United States, you might try a spotted owl nest.
    Last edited by Drunkencorgimaster; 09-16-2009 at 08:11 PM.

If you sharpen the sprues and stick them in the bottom of the next, they will provide a line of defense against predators trying to climb the tree to get the tasty, tasty eggs. Thus, you would be helping to protect these endangered species when you stick the sprue in their nest. Plus the whole, "it isn't in a landfill" thing.

Librarian

Default Saving the Planet One Nest at a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Culven View Post
    If you sharpen the sprues and stick them in the bottom of the next, they will provide a line of defense against predators trying to climb the tree to get the tasty, tasty eggs. Thus, you would be helping to protect these endangered species when you stick the sprue in their nest. Plus the whole, "it isn't in a landfill" thing.
    Wow. That is a brilliant idea, Culven. You see how much we can help the environment when we put our heads together? I wonder if there is a way these old sprues could be used by those cute little white fluffy seal pups?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkencorgimaster View Post
    Wow. That is a brilliant idea, Culven. You see how much we can help the environment when we put our heads together? I wonder if there is a way these old sprues could be used by those cute little white fluffy seal pups?
    We could make helmets out of the sprue. That should help protect their little heads.

Stop that, stop that! Too silly... Sgt Major, get some discipline into those men! lol
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234