BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

all the books by William King are absolutely worth reading. Nothing personal against Nathan Long but his Gotrek and Felix just are not the same. That being said the ones by Nathan are still worth reading you just have to view them as a separate series and not compare them to Bill's work the same goes for the Ragnar books i would say.

Iron Father

I enjoyed them all, but did find them all a bit samey as far as story line and plot. Snorri Nosebiter however deserves his own book.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

First-Captain

I liked all the books my sixth form library had.
    I particuarly liked the one where felix's finds a lover and she gets killed by undead. To see him go ape. and have gotrex go, Finally my little human is learning is a good moment
    For the Greater good.

Is it just me or are the titles becoming less and less ambitious?

Stay tuned for more deat defying adventures in these upcoming books:

Goblinslayer
    Nurglingslayer

I completely agree on two points
    1.) Snorri should finally be recognized as the real hero
    2.) orc slayer, man slayer and elf slayer seem like a big step back after things like deamon slayer and dragon slayer.

Well really it had to happen, or you would run out of things to append 'slayer' to, or it would get really silly and specific. Fimirslayer, KeeperofSecretsslayer, Druchiislayer, GrailKnightSlayer. WitchElflayer.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Well you do have to remember by this point, he has killed pretty much every type of big bad nasty there is in the game. All he has left is lots and lots of little things. Though I would love to see him go kill a named from the chaos books.....Like Crom or any of the old heros that are no longer in the books.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
    Well you do have to remember by this point, he has killed pretty much every type of big bad nasty there is in the game. All he has left is lots and lots of little things. Though I would love to see him go kill a named from the chaos books.....Like Crom or any of the old heros that are no longer in the books.
    Yeah it would be good to see him face off against another of the named characters from the game, like you say one not in use anymore would be ideal, someone like Arbaal the Undefeated, Crom, Aekold Helbrass or the like. According to the Keeper of Secrets he fights in Elfslayer (who recognises and is shared s***less of his axe!), Gotrek's Doom will be found at the hands of one far mightier than even the greater daemon. Assuming there is some end planned for the series eventually, anyone wanna take a guess at what such a creature could be? I'm thinking Nagash, Kholek Suneater, or maybe a greater daemon prince like Azazel. Few others would fit the bill.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

I do like the story line behind his axe it is pretty amazing. Something about an axe that saw the dawn of the dwarven race being carried by a slayer is totally amazing. If they ever put rules for gotrek and felix back into the game I don't care what army they are in, I'm giving up what I play to game with them again.

Brother-Captain

Gotrek's Axe is easily one of the coolest magic items in the Warhammer World, given that it is the twin to the High King's axe and thus was the axe carried by one of the Dwarf Gods (unsure of his name, Grugni possibly) into the Chaos Wastes in his effort to close the northern gate. Found by Gotrek many years later on his own trip into the wastes it's power has changed both Gotrek and Felix as Max points out in Elfslayer when he comments that Felix hasn't aged a day, despite it being 20 years since the last time Max had seen him (in which Max visibly has aged). In addition to its age retarding property, both the Slayer and Felix regenerate wounds at a vastly increased rate, and even old wounds vanish over time (such as the duelling scar Felix had before he met the Slayer, which Max notes has vanished), and both are stronger and faster than they ought to be (Gotrek's awesome tunneling in Orcslayer being a case in point).

As for adding them back into the game, I would think if this rumour of a Warhammer Allies book turns out to be true, they (along with Snorri, Katrina and maybe Max too) would make for a great mini warband that an Empire, Kislev, Dwarf or Bretonnian army could recruit. They don't truly belong to any of those lists, but as mercenaries that join a good cause they'd be perfect... and powerful to have on your side!
    Last edited by Brakkart; 01-17-2012 at 10:23 AM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast