BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

I've read the whole series, minus the anthology which I might pick up this week.

I enjoyed it all really, but Elfslayer was a little bit too over the top by my count. You might agree with me when you reach that point, and you'll know why lol.

Still, Felix is one of my favourite characters from a series, even though he isn't the best or most famous.

I'm just hoping that the series doesn't fizzle out before it ends, and that Gotrek doesn't end up dying to some random goblin, or the plague or whatever. Or Khorne, because the way the series is going whatever does kill him is probably going to be on par with that.
    When life gives you lemon's... should have used a condom.

Been reading these books since 2001 at least. I love them and intend on following them to their end. The models was the second citadel blister pack I had ever bought.

Chapter-Master

Welcome to the forum!
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Brother-Captain

The omnibuses are solid and by the time you're tired of Gotrek and Felix never developing as a partnership you get a time jump and a new author. Haven't gotten past the third omnibus though so I don't know how the series has gone after that.

Thanks for the welcome!

Oh, keep reading. Nathan Long makes the series even better. There is honestly no way this could be bad ever imo.

Brother-Captain

I am cheap when it comes to my fiction so I'm waiting on omnibus 4 on G&F and omnibus 3 for Cain

Currently about three quarters through Road of Skulls.

First things first... This is NOT a follow up to Zombieslayer. Make of that what you will.

Second things second.... Josh Reynold's prose takes a bit of getting used to, but is well worth perservering.

A worthy addition, if the lack of chronological setting is jarring/disappointing. Took me a bit, but I've pushed past the downsides, and what I am reading is a thoroughly enjoyable tale! Now in terms of chronology.... Hard to place this. It could fall between Troll and Skaven, but also be between Giant and Orc. I've not checked my library yet, but it's from 'My travels with Gotrek, Vol II' so those who are fussed can likely slot it into established continuity!

Buy it. Read it. Enjoy it. I have done the first two, and am in the midst of the third Commandment!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

What books comes before Kinslayer? Felix is married apparently and separated from Gotrek but despite reading at least most of the novels and short stories, I don't remember it at all. Also googling doesn't help much as other people aren't sure either :P

I've enjoyed most of the series myself, primarily the william king ones but liked some of the others.

Righty dokey! Established chronology coming right up!

Trollslayer
    Skavenslayer
    Daemonslayer
    Dragonslayer
    Beastslayer
    Vampireslayer
    Giantslayer (aka Gorek and Felix - The Contractural Obligation)
    Orcslayer
    Manslayer
    Elfslayer
    Shamanslayer
    Zombieslayer
    Kinslayer

Those are the books that form a single, more or less coherent narrative of their adventures.

The other ones - Road of Skulls, City of the Damned and Serpent Queen are harder to place - particularly Road of Skulls as I don't recall Felix moping about over Ulrika in that one?

And if you've enjoyed Nathan Long's take - do check out the Ulrika series.

And everyone should check out the Thanquol books, because it's Thanquol.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

Thanks very much, I have the Thanqol books, I shall try the Ulrika ones

Does Felix get married and leave Gotrek in Zombieslayer? Because I don't remember that. Maybe those event happened off camera as it were. Then again, maybe my memory is terrible :P
    Last edited by Myu; 03-12-2015 at 06:22 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast