BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Adeptus Custodes

Default Thousand Sons Question

IF there's one thing that can be taken as a universal 40k fact, its that no matter what race you are or how many high caliber ballistic weapons they face sergeants never wear helmets.

That in mind what happened to any non pysker Thousand sons who happened not to be wearing their full suit of armour during the rubric?
    More Necromunda please.

Chapter-Master

I wasnt aware there were any non-psyker Tousand Sons. I thought they all had at least some low level latent ability, part of Magnus' mutated geneseed. I could be wrong on that.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Go to the beach on a windy day, fill a bucket with sand and then tip it up.

That's what happened

Shas'o

When Ahriman cast the rubric most if not all the Thousand Sons were feeling there bodies change/mutate and they weren't getting anything out of Magnus so I assume they had a fair amount of fear. What does a warrior do to feel safe? Put his armor on, exactly! It was also a very big deal when Ahriman cast his rubric and I always assumed that they had on all their armor for the ceremony.

But if anyone didn't have their helmet on I imagine two different scenarios.
    1. Their helmet magically finds it place since the rubric was bounding them to their armor.
    2. The dust blows out and that marine is lost forever.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    I wasnt aware there were any non-psyker Tousand Sons. I thought they all had at least some low level latent ability, part of Magnus' mutated geneseed. I could be wrong on that.
    The fluff on that varies; I think it's that older stuff stated the T. Sons had more Psykers than everyone else (but still primarily non-psykers), newer stuff has it that they're entirely psykers. The Rubric fluff was first that all non-psykers became Rubrics, now it's that the weaker psykers became rubrics.

On the original question; there're some awesome pics (I think book covers?) of Rubrics wearing partial helms, revealing a ghostly skull. So maybe that. Orrrr they just disintegrated? Maybe when their planet was covered in daemonic storm clouds they all put on their helmets to be extra careful? It's a mysteryyyyyyyyy

Chapter-Master

I'm no expert on this area, but the fluff stipulates turning to dust right?

No where does it say (as far as i'm aware) that the armour is empty, except for a little pile of dust in the boots. I can almost imagine them as Sandman (spiderman that is) esque dust golems in their armour. Otherwise what happens when one is shot? Once the airtight seal of the suit is breached, do they just leak out the holes?
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

I always thought of the Thousand Suns as like the brother in Full Metal Alchemist. Just suits of armor that happen to have their bodies remains and that if the armor is hurt and some dust gets away, who cares! Their souls are in the armor!

Those with non existent or little psychic power were turned into Rubric marines. those with psychic talent found their powers amplified. That's the way it has always been.

The armour acts as a trap for their physical remains, the dust, as well as their souls. If the armour is breached, the soul can escape to the warp.

Newer fluff, but I don't have a source, seems to indicate that a TS Sorceror can recall a soul that has fled the armour by re-sealing the armour, making the only way to truly kill a rubric marine is to obliterate the armour.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Xenith View Post
    Those with non existent or little psychic power were turned into Rubric marines. those with psychic talent found their powers amplified. That's the way it has always been.

The armour acts as a trap for their physical remains, the dust, as well as their souls. If the armour is breached, the soul can escape to the warp.

Newer fluff, but I don't have a source, seems to indicate that a TS Sorceror can recall a soul that has fled the armour by re-sealing the armour, making the only way to truly kill a rubric marine is to obliterate the armour.
    Sooo... In this context, unless I'm just reaching, Thousand Sons Rubric Marines are like the Necrons in that nothing can really destroy them unless the armor is completely atomized? That's pretty cool. Lol, I'm invisioning a blue colored gauntlet inching across the battlefield and strangling its enemy like Thing from the Addams Family.

Chaplain

Perhaps on that particular day, when they all gather together to watch this Rubric thingie happen on of the brother marines who happened to eat way to many beans let a good one rip that by some fluke his armour failed to completely filter and they all had to wear helmets to remain conscience.
    Battle Sisters Record 2012 2/0/0
    Empire Record 2012 1/0/3

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast