BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Zombies is another tough one, I agree they would be smelly and quite un-Lahmian but they are the easiest to raise apparently. I forget where but there was some mention of them coming back in the presence of Vampires with very little effort. So I'd make an exception for them, at least raising them in battle if not taking them at the beginning. Of course if you are playing a campaign you could justify zombies on the basis you are raising recently deceased enemies.

Isotope, I was actually thinking of using some kind of kitties as Dire Wolf counts-as.
    You could mix in a few regular empire minis that are a bit cleaner and have the zombies as blood swains (a little blood at the neck and slightly paler than usual), some of which have passed on and been raised again to continue their service rather than just the general corpse plundering of less evolved bloodlines. Mix in a few zombie parts and then you can have a progression from the live ones in the front rank to the fully decomposed guys struggling to keep up in the back rank.

You could mix in a few regular empire minis that are a bit cleaner and have the zombies as blood swains (a little blood at the neck and slightly paler than usual), some of which have passed on and been raised again to continue their service rather than just the general corpse plundering of less evolved bloodlines. Mix in a few zombie parts and then you can have a progression from the live ones in the front rank to the fully decomposed guys struggling to keep up in the back rank.
    this. this i like

Yup, I also have some Greatswords I'm going to use as counts-as something to represent a contingent of Bloodswains.

I'm also thinking of making some counts-as Blood Knights using Black Knight steeds with cold one legs and female Dark Elf armoured torsos and some kind helmeted heads. Some kind of Lahmian military order.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Scout

In one of the old army book where you still had bloodlines, the Lahmian list offered good choices (even a hero or lord from another army book as having being "seduced"). I'll try to find the book this we.

Can you remember what edition that was? One or other of my brothers will have it somewhere.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Can you remember what edition that was? One or other of my brothers will have it somewhere.
    6th edition possibly 5th

I have a feeling it was 5th
    http://the-deathwing.blogspot.co.uk/
    Have a look at my Dark Angels blog!

It is in the 6th edition:

Lords
    0-1 Vampire Lady, Vampire Countesses.

Heroes
    Vampire Thralls, Wight Lords, Wraiths, Necromancers,
    Swains (Heroes from any other Warhammer Armies book, or Ravening Hordes if the book is not out yet. Swains are equipped exactly as normal for their army list, including any mount or magic item they could normally take from their own list.
    If the Lahmian general, the immortal object of their desire, is destroyed, then the swains will be subject to the rules for hatred for the rest of the game, even if normally Immune to Psychology)

Core Units
    Skeletons, 0-1 Bat Swarms, Dire Wolves.

Special Units
    Black Knights, Grave Guard, 0-1 Spirit Hosts, Banshees.

Rare Units
    Black Coach, Dogs of War.
    Seems fairly solid, though interesting enough the 5th ed fluff I read about Neferata and the Silver Pinnacle had her using zombies and big winged beats. Mind you she isn't infiltrating the aristocracy of the Empire/Bretonnia/Kislev/wherever.

Lahmians are awesome and I'm in the midst of starting a themed force right now, so these threads have been very helpful. Thanks

It's just so annoying that one of my favourite models, the Vampire Lady on the Coven Throne, is in such a tricky pose for a relatively green modeler to convert on foot as a themed character. Any tips/ideas would be much appreciated!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12