BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Imperial Armour and Warhammer Forge Books Removed from GW page.

Don't know if it's just me but I've noticed since the "What's New Today" blog went live on GW UK page, that the Forgeworld books such as Imperial Armour and Warhammer Forge series are no longer listed.

I noticed this because I was regularly checking the site for the release of IA11, I figured I could get free shipping and use up a Christmas GW voucher.

I hoping it's just a glitch rather than GW no longer listing Forgeworld products. Or at worst GW are longer selling them FW material, though I doubt that's at all likely.

Doe anyone have any info?
    Thanks

Chaplain

Dropped off the GW US site too.
    I tried to get one a couple of weeks ago off the site and I got an email saying it was out of stock and to try again on the 15th of JAN. but I hadn't checked then.
    Took to long it seems now that it's not on the site anymore.
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Brother-Sergeant

Hmmmmm this is not a good sign, especially if it's happening on both sides of the Atlantic.

Email and ask what is going on.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I know GW still support IA, we just got a delivery of 6 copies of Mymeara into our store this morning
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    I know GW still support IA, we just got a delivery of 6 copies of Mymeara into our store this morning
    Well that's a good sign, somehow I doubted that GW were retracting Forgeworld stock from their stores.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Email and ask what is going on.
    Nice idea, I just sent them a message. I'll keep the community updated!

Just saw this on Facebook:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    Are Imperial Armour books still available on the GW site? I don't currently see them there
    Quote Originally Posted by Forge World
    We only send small amounts of each book to the various warehouses that serve the Global Webstore, Tommy, but GW Hobby Centres carry our books as well.
    Doesn't really explain why all the IA listings would be removed from the website though.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Sounds like its the same issue as the temporary stock-outs that keep provoking flurries of speculation about the next batch of releases.

See the recent tyranid hive tyrant out of stock in the US but available in the UK.

Could understand it for new releases like Mymeara and IA:A2 but odd that they would pull the whole range, very unlikely they all ran out of stock at once.

A cynical person would say that it was to be able to charge postage through FW instead of free shipping through GW.

That would make sense for the UK, but it is actually cheaper for a lot of other countries to buy direct from FW so why not let them do it?

Brother-Sergeant

As I UK resident, there's an awkward annoyance to isotope99's point about shipping through FW.

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    Could understand it for new releases like Mymeara and IA:A2 but odd that they would pull the whole range, very unlikely they all ran out of stock at once.
    I completely agree, there's little sense here.

I've e-mailed GW about this issue and so far no word from them. Given the time of day we probably won't get a reply till Monday. Keeping fingers crossed for some good news.
    Last edited by Ulthwé Guardian; 01-20-2012 at 01:49 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast