BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chaplain

Here's another one for you. Didn't think of it at first, but I had Imperial Armour Apoc Second edition on my wish list and it was taken off.
    Of course I emailed GW about it, but no response.
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Just saw this on Facebook:

Doesn't really explain why all the IA listings would be removed from the website though.
    Yeah, I agree. I'm the guy Forgeworld apparently think is too stupid to see the answer to my own question.

I asked in my local GW yesterday about it and they said they were still expecting stock of IA books, so it seems they haven't pulled support completely. The problem, which FW's Facebook guy doesn't seem to understand, is there is no Imperial Armour or Warhammer Forge section on GW's site or any individual titles.

For the record, when I saw they had lost the Imperial Armour Books/Warhammer Forge sections, I searched for 'Imperial Armour' - and all the titles they used to carry came up (that is up to Badab War Vol.II). Now of course, none of them come up, indicating they just don't sell IA books through the site any more. This of course, is not the same as saying when there is no stock in the warehouse, the books don't show up on the web site, which seems to be what my friend on Facebook is suggesting.

On a similar note, articles that used to be on the GW site have also started disappearing this evening. I was looking at the guide to painting and assembling the Stormraven this afternoon, for example. Now its gone! The guide to painting Sanguinary Guard and Death Company has also been removed and, perhaps tellingly, there is no cached version at Google.

Hopefully this is just an intermittent server problem but with GW, who knows what makes sense for those guys to do? (Maybe someone thought the servers were getting too full and decided to delete some stuff so they would run faster, I don't know.)

Brother-Sergeant

Bad news people. I just received this short reply to my enquiry about Forgeworld products.

My Message:
    Dear Games Workshop,

I wanted to make an enquiry, I've noticed that Forgeworld products such as the "Imperial Armour" and "Warhammer Forge" books are no longer listed on your main website. So my question is primarily if and when these book will be available again on the GW's main page?

Thank you for your time
    The Reply:
    Hi ________

Thanks for the email, these products are now only sold via Forge World:

[url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/[/url]

We hope this helps.
    Regards

Kyle Workman
    This kind of news is a bit of kick in the knickers really on a personal level. However I'm not sure how much of an effect it will have on the GW community as a whole. But obviously it's hinder more more problems than solve any.

As a question to BoLS community: How do you guys respond to this? Angry, annoyed or not bothered??
    Last edited by Ulthwé Guardian; 01-21-2012 at 07:33 AM. Reason: used double quoatations by mistake

I buy everything through Forge World anyway, so this doesn't bother me at all. I love FW and want as much of my money to go to them as possible, I've no idea if buying through GW siphons any off or not but why take the chance?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I always get everything through FW so no problem here

It'll bother staff a bit, as they don't get as good a discount through FW as they do their own
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

I also got an email from FW/GW this morning, although it was a little bit longer, probably as it was a reply to a letter of complaint I had submitted yesterday.

As well as being very polite, the email explained the reason for removing FW books from GW's site is basically due to the free shipping you get. Someone has to pay for it and that is basically FW. So, to protect the margins, no more free shipping.

I did suggest in future they might want to just tell customers about this up front. We're (nearly) all grown ups and if you're going to be all warm and informal on Facebook, just tell us you're not doing free shipping.

I still haven't received a reply to my query as to all the other content that has disappeared from the GW site though...

Chapter-Master

But GW had a 40% profit increase!!! Surely they could afford to help with shipping now, right? Especially with Finecrap being so cheap to make and all, according to GW themselves...
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Iron Father

I personally hate the fact Forgeworld don't accept paypal where as GW do. No biggie but it made ordering FW books using the GW site more convenient for me. Not anymore.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Yeah, I like to pay with paypal too. I asked about this at the Black Library stand at last year's UK Gamesday. They said 'the website is due for an overhaul', as if to suggest it is a feature they are considering. As the FW site is so similar in format, I guess the same might apply. Although the fact paypal would then tale a cut might also count against it.

Until then I'll keep on asking and suggesting it whenever I can.

FW had some good reasons for not accepting paypal last time I saw them talk about it on the Facebook page. I don't remember what they were, though.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast