BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Let's put this in perspective. Before you could buy one small fraction of the FW range, the books, from GW at a cost greater than FW charges everywhere but in the UK, made marginally more palatable by free shipping. Now you just have to buy everything from FW. Oh noes!
    If GW or FW put their prices up 200% I think you would find a way to give the news positive spin.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Hardly, I just have a sense of perspective, my sense of self entitlement is under control and I don't feel the need to whine about everything even when it is a complete non-issue. I mean here it will be like four pounds extra on something you only buy once nayway, in Foreign Parts it will be cheaper and buying through FW ensures they get the maximum amount of profits so the problem is what, exactly?

If someone wants to produce a better argument than 'boohoo I have to spend a few pounds extra once per book' I'm listening.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Hardly, I just have a sense of perspective, my sense of self entitlement is under control and I don't feel the need to whine about everything even when it is a complete non-issue. I mean here it will be like four pounds extra on something you only buy once nayway, in Foreign Parts it will be cheaper and buying through FW ensures they get the maximum amount of profits so the problem is what, exactly?

If someone wants to produce a better argument than 'boohoo I have to spend a few pounds extra once per book' I'm listening.
    This.

That is all
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Iron Father

Lol

Personally though I would love to see the option of ordering and paying for all FW items though my local GW store . That would not be too hard to implement and I would think that FW orders would go up. I don't even mind still paying for postage. I suggest that giving customers further options to purchase all GW items is no bad thing. I know I have a habit of impulse buying when I enter my GW store and broadening availability and choice cant be a bad thing ?

I apologise if my previous post came across a bit flamie. That was not my intention I was just rib tickling.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

I thought you could order FW things in GW stores and have them sent there for pickup? Maybe they changed that. I wasn't really responding to you, either, I knew you were just teasing, it was just a jab at the 'whine abouy everything no matter how small' culture that seems to permeate the internet these days.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

You cna't order FW into Gw stores in the same way as you would normal stock.

You can order it on the PC in a GW store, and have the store as its delivery address, but other than a different delivery address its a normal order. Also you have to be friednly with the staff cos they don't like doing it, seeing as they have to sign for it
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    You cna't order FW into Gw stores in the same way as you would normal stock.

You can order it on the PC in a GW store, and have the store as its delivery address, but other than a different delivery address its a normal order. Also you have to be friednly with the staff cos they don't like doing it, seeing as they have to sign for it
    But.. that's how you order normal GW stock too isn't it? Certainly it's the way I've seen everyone doing it...
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Librarian

If you could have ordered FW at your LGS, would you not have to have paid for it first. I know that when I've ordered stuff on the GW computer terminal in store, you have to pay at the same time.

Or would the GW employee signing for said product just want to be responsible for the product?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234