BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How often do you play 40k?

I know most of us play as often as possible. Between weekly game night(sometimes 2 nights a week), pick up games, and 2-3 tournaments a month, I average about 22 games a month. How many games do you play on average in a month?
    http://crazyredpraetorian.blogspot.com/
    http://theflylordsofterra.blogspot.com/

Damn man, 22 a month?! Do your dice wear out after 6 months? I'm lucky if I can manage once a week...

Work..married..more work..game!

So, like once a week, and a tournamnet or mega game at least once a month. Paint every other day.
    Gamer • Painter • Designer • Englishman
    http://levitas-master-artificer.blogspot.com

Battle-Brother

I might, in a good month, get 5 game days in. This month, not so well...I strive for thursday nights plus tournaments. Always looking for a weekend makeup game though.

Chaplain

I think I managed 10-12 games a week over the summer. Nowadays, slightly less. :P

Brother-Sergeant

Once every month if I'm lucky, I'm pretty busy and they generally tend to be small 500-1000 point games against my brother or one of his friends.

1 to 2 games a week for me. Every once in a while I'll play two games on a game night instead of one and pull off 3 games in a week.

I probably average about 6 games a month.

Brother-Sergeant

Not often enough.

Between work, school (which I don't have anymore but my friends do) and a social life outside of gaming its not easy. I go to gaming at the local hobby shop about 1-2 a week but sometime I don't even game all I do is hang out and talk about gaming.

To me this game is a Hobby, allbeit a all incompassing one its a hobby. I do play in tournament, I do like winning, but in the end my favorite battles are always against fun opponents and the outcome only adds to the time, even if I lose. Admittedly I do enjoy beating powergamers and rule mongers its just a game and none of us are going to get famous or rich playing it, so just relax and have fun.
    "If you build a man a fire he will be warm for a night, but if you set a man on fire he will be warm for the rest of his life."

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    Not often enough.

Between work, school (which I don't have anymore but my friends do) and a social life outside of gaming its not easy. I go to gaming at the local hobby shop about 1-2 a week but sometime I don't even game all I do is hang out and talk about gaming.

To me this game is a Hobby, allbeit a all incompassing one its a hobby. I do play in tournament, I do like winning, but in the end my favorite battles are always against fun opponents and the outcome only adds to the time, even if I lose. Admittedly I do enjoy beating powergamers and rule mongers its just a game and none of us are going to get famous or rich playing it, so just relax and have fun.
    I used to get about 2-3 games a week but I've cut back to about 2-3 a month now sadly with a tournament about 5 or 6 times a year.

I do get to the gaming store about 2 times a week but as prometheus said I just hang out and bs about 40k and paint. Best thing about gaming stores is that you can loiter there for hours with out buying much beyond a couple drinks or bags of chips.
    letsagetabitarockin!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast