BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chaplain

Hum was pretty sure theres abit of fluff about why he was never given deamonhood, damn now I'm gonna have to look it up now...
    Battle Sisters Record 2012 2/0/0
    Empire Record 2012 1/0/3

Adeptus Custodes

Abaddon's fluff matches that of Archaon in fantasy (or at least it used too, I'm not as up to date on fantasy as I used to be) - he fills the role of Ultimate Human Level Chaos badass, who isn't stuck following one god. He's explored the 4 different gods in his time, been awarded some unique ultimate badass level chaos toys and his own mark. I think there is some mention in the fluff of him having rejected or at least put off daemon hood until he gets his ultimate goal accomplished.

It's worth looking at the fluff for Archaon when looking at Abaddon- they draw from each other. Short answer- he could be if he wanted, but he has bigger ambitions.
    More Necromunda please.

Quote Originally Posted by Grailkeeper View Post
    Abaddon's fluff matches that of Archaon in fantasy (or at least it used too, I'm not as up to date on fantasy as I used to be) - he fills the role of Ultimate Human Level Chaos badass, who isn't stuck following one god. He's explored the 4 different gods in his time, been awarded some unique ultimate badass level chaos toys and his own mark. I think there is some mention in the fluff of him having rejected or at least put off daemon hood until he gets his ultimate goal accomplished.

It's worth looking at the fluff for Archaon when looking at Abaddon- they draw from each other. Short answer- he could be if he wanted, but he has bigger ambitions.
    This.

Last edition it stated that he turned down deamonhood. On multiple occasions.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Brother-Sergeant

"Last edition it stated that he turned down deamonhood. On multiple occasions."

Which book?

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Myu View Post
    "Last edition it stated that he turned down deamonhood. On multiple occasions."

Which book?
    Just found it. In the previous CSM codex (before the current one), under the HQ section, there is a box someone talking about him.

Default abaddon still hasn't found his arms

For those of you who are wonderind why Abaddon the Despoiler has not ascended to Daemon hood, there are many simple reason. These can be found on 1d4chan.org. Just type in ol' boy's name. its nothing but hilarious comedy.

I wonder this with all the characters in the Chaos codex. Why isn't Kharn a Daemon Prince of Khorne. He is fully devoted to Khorne and so on yet he is still mortal?

Librarian

Kharne isn't a demon most likely because he's good enough at his job as it stands now. It's probably easier to get around the galaxy as a marine in power armour than as a demon prince.

And I think we all know the Chaos Gods are a fickle lot.

Becoming a daemon prince is more like a side step than a promotion.

At the moment, with the favour of The Gods, he is more dangerous than all but the most powerful of daemon princes.

Becoming a daemon makes him inherently more vulnerable, which the imperium could exploit.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlv8 View Post
    I wonder this with all the characters in the Chaos codex. Why isn't Kharn a Daemon Prince of Khorne. He is fully devoted to Khorne and so on yet he is still mortal?
    [URL="http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Kharn"]
    Because he's such a nice guy when you get to know him.[/URL]

He probably just doesn't care enough about Daemonhood when Khorne can just will him back to life. Besides, who's going to shed enough blood out there to allow Angron to leave his castle of blood?
    I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast