BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default New army - Salamander test model.

Hey guys, Finished up my first Salamanders marine tonight.

I think I've hammered out how exactly I'm going to do this army. The only thing I need to work on now is the Ash/Lava base, not too happy with how it turned out. I think my yellow ink was a little old...

More pics over at [URL="http://shiftedmatrix.com/index.php?/Tabletop-Games/Salamander-Test-Marine-Update"]shiftedmatrix.com[/URL]

Pretty cool, would be nice to see some more reds in there but maybe that's just me.

Also what's with the orange shoulder pad trim?

Quote Originally Posted by Vash113 View Post
    Pretty cool, would be nice to see some more reds in there but maybe that's just me.

Also what's with the orange shoulder pad trim?
    Thanks,

Orange trim is my way of doing 4th company. I think Sgts will have their helmet and right arm done orange as well.

Chapter-Master

Are you doing the chest cresting and insignias in orange, too?

Veteran-Sergeant

Looks good so far... i think you could work on them a lil more in the way of highlights on the kneepads if you think it would fit in...

Perhaps some decals on the shoulder?

All in all a very nice tabletop mini

Thanks guys.

wittdooley: Yeah, the chest aquillas will be orange as well as the Salamander Insignia.

In case you guys didn't see:

vman: Valid point with the kneepads. The lighting washed out some of the grey highlights in these pictures, but I do agree it could use another highlight. Same with the green, maybe one more thin highlight a level above Snot Green.

I won't be doing Decals since the left pad takes care of that. I might use the right pad for squad numbers or something though. Going to wait and see how the squad looks together.

I think I fixed my base painting technique.

More pics in [URL="http://shiftedmatrix.com/index.php?option=com_joomgallery&func=detail&id=36 6&Itemid=58"]the gallery[/URL].

I like the color you've achieved..very nice. I might suggest the gothic numbers on the model's left leg possibly in white. I also agree, it does need a bit more of a highlight, the black, and orange would really pop from a few suttle highlights for you. But still, again, very nice so far! I like the bases too..very cool.

Thanks,

I do plan on hitting some of the more extreme edges with a little brigher green, just to make it pop a little more, I just wanted to square away some bases first :P

As for the numbers, that's the plan. I just don't think I have the freehand skills to pull it off yet. I'm going to paint up a squad or two first, then practice some numbering.

Brother-Sergeant

Very nicely done, I love the base as well as the orange as an accent colour for the model. Those Chapterhouse shoulder pads are something aren't they! They really show up nice when painted.

re: "For lava I have had better luck using watered down paint with a small drop of dish soap to break the surface tension for a wash instead of ink "

I use wonder floor wax for the same thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast