BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks,

I do plan on hitting some of the more extreme edges with a little brigher green, just to make it pop a little more, I just wanted to square away some bases first :P

As for the numbers, that's the plan. I just don't think I have the freehand skills to pull it off yet. I'm going to paint up a squad or two first, then practice some numbering.

Brother-Sergeant

Very nicely done, I love the base as well as the orange as an accent colour for the model. Those Chapterhouse shoulder pads are something aren't they! They really show up nice when painted.

re: "For lava I have had better luck using watered down paint with a small drop of dish soap to break the surface tension for a wash instead of ink "

I use wonder floor wax for the same thing.

Thanks man.

To be honest, I was a little disapointed with the Chapterhouse pads when I got them (I also ordered the 3D Dragon head ones, ugh). But the scaled ones look pretty awesome when painted up.

Veteran-Sergeant

What bases/techniques are you using to do that lava?

Just a quick overview on how I did the bases

1. Primed Grey (white would have been better)
    2. coat of Golden Yellow on the open area and watered down golden yellow in a few cracks
    3. drybrush blazing orange fairly heavily on the open area, fill the rest of the cracks with watered down blazing orange
    4. Drybrush scorched brown over open area, heavy drybrush over flat stones to clean them up
    5. Light drybrush of chaos black over open area, just to get the tips. Heavy drybrush over flat stones and rim the base
    6. a few grey drybrushes over the stones
    7. Watered down sepia wash over everything

Battle-Brother

What helmets are your terminators using?

If you are talking about these Terminators:

I'm using Iron Warrior Helmets:
    [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1660256&prodId=prod1110 164"][/URL]

Battle-Brother

I didn't recognize them. Thanks for letting me know.

Battle-Brother

very nice models, one question though, where did you get the shoulder pads and all the other salamander icon stuff (SS on the termies areawsume)

Looking good, I have soft spot for Salamanders. I think your's will do justice to them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast