BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    hey even if it is finecast ill be geting one: beacuse if theres a defect you get a new one for free :
    Unless of course they have sold out of their limited run.
    Precisely. There's no guarantee you'll actually get that "free mini." Not to mention, it's not a free model - it's one you've already paid for. Plus now you have to ship it back to them, so there's postage involved (assumably, I'm never returned a mini to GW myself). You have to wait however long it takes for them to send you a new one. And, of course, the cherry on top is there is no guarantee that what they send you back isn't as bad or worse that what you had replaced. It is just one gigantic, wet, sticky furball of hassle - and that's if everything goes smoothly.

Now, to be sure, I've had problems with other resin minis from various producers in the past. Still, not to this degree.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Chapter-Master

GW will happily just swap models in store (I've not even been asked for a receipt in the past) providing they have that model in stock. This one will be more of an issue as each store will probbaly have a limited supply, so you may end up having to send it back/order another into your store.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Iron Father

I just find the packaging better looking than the model, and although I collect the odd ltd release on this its a pass for me I am afraid.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    The box itself is very nice, the miniature doesnt really excite me - doesnt feel "enough" for me. I think what would of been really cool is if they added a recast sprue of RTB01 marines to the box - say 4 of them, plus the new figure as the "centrepiece", well that's how id of done it anyway.
    I was hoping for something similar, but more along the lines of this guy as the centerpiece, with versions of Space Marines from down the years all represented in a set-up similar to the box art (possibly including the RTB01s), so that there was a sense of time and legacy there.

Don't get me wrong: Great piece of sculpting. I just hope a) I can get a couple and b) they're not horribly screwed up. I've yet to buy finecast (not because I'm against the idea, just because I'm on Guam, and the nearest GW is a looooong swim away), so I kind of want to start out on the right foot with the stuff.

Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Why would the Warhammer 40,000 25th anniversary model be of somethinf from 30k?
    Ha! Someone pays too much attention. I want this model just because I love the beakies. And severed heads.

Chapter-Master

I like it, I have no problem with Finecast but I won't be getting one

Got enough special edition models that are completly useless to me, i'm not paying that much to add another
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Banned

Is anyone else bugged by the fact they keep calling him a Captain, despite his shoulder badge being for a Commander (thus making the guy in the picture Pedro Kantor), or is it just me?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345