BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default New Tyranid box covers? What could this mean?

Not really a rumour and not so much news, but not sure where else to put it. Saw someoen mention this on DakkaDakka and checked out the GW store, at least the Canadian site. Tyranid boxes look a bit different.

Carnifex, Biovores seem new Not sure about the Trygon. Never noticed the Mawloc and Trygon in the background before so may not be new. While Warriors, and some others look the same, but the borders look different to me. Some ribbon or rectangle on the top left border. Could ths be the new border how 6th edition is going to look? Not idea.

Please correct me if I am wrong. If this is new, what could it mean? Again, sorry if this is in the wrong section.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Brother-Captain

I'm not sure what you mean - stuff looks the same to me...could you provide a link or attachment to one of these examples?
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Not sure if this forum has IMG tags.

As you look at the border top left, you can see a rectangle or like a "rockish ribbon" one going down, the other right, like an off set L. Never noticed this before. Also the minis look "brighter" and in the Carnifex is different. New head for a "screamer fex" and eyes different colour.

Now I see, the "brighter colours are pinkish" more, and the "ribbon" I was talking about in the middle the Carnifex has a small circle while the Biovore has a "skull".

Also this is from the Canadian site. Seeing how people in the UK still have the Hive Tyrant to buy, (while us in Canada and US can't get it if we wanted to) they may have a different pic.
    Last edited by HsojVvad; 01-25-2012 at 09:49 PM.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

unfortunately, those aren't that new...The new box arts came out with the codex release two years ago. They did the same thing with the monolith and necron warrior box a few months ago.

The 'new' Carnifex head, is just the old Bio-plasma head, and the actual images don't seem to have changed at all O.o? However that inverced L does seem to be new, however that could be down to me not really paying any attention to the Tyranids :L
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Nothing to see here Please move along

I have a box sitting right next to me from a carnifex I bought a couple years ago. Same skull ornamentation in the upper left corner, same model on the cover, but the picture on the box is laid out horizontally rather than vertically. Seems they're just changing it to be able to display it differently on shelves.

Give a man fire, and you keep him warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Thanks evilamericorp, that would put the end to this. I swore they looked new and different.