BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

What? Seriously, WTF? *rubs eyes in disbelief* That has to be fake. Surely it's fake. Somebody please tell me that is fake. From the people who bought you some The Garden of Morr, comes the 'Tower of Turd'. That is simply awful. For a start it looks like it has been cobbled togther out of bits of existing scenery and some plasticard. As a conversion, fair enough it's not too bad, but with GW churning out some awesome models recently, how in God's name has this passed quality control?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Brother-Sergeant

Worst. Scenery. Ever.

I just got my WD and I have to say that the rules that are in the WD for the Deathkneel Watch (thats what they call it) are quite nice. The new scenario looks interesting as well, I think I will have to play it with the wife tonight after the kids go to bed.

I would really like to see a high stone wall. Like the blessed bulwark but more robust than the two corner bits you get with the fortified manor. Smething you could put a 40mm base on. It could be named "wall and stairs". They should have called this joke, mortise engine traffic control tower. 'when the etherial hosts need landing schedules, your master engineer can signal them into the Future earth year 1988 for people in new york to deal with, who are they going to call? Not the empire.'

Librarian

This is the first time I have read this thread/seen the model. and to be quite frank....... it's the longest and hardest i have laughed in a long time. xD thank you GW & fellow BoLs members
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

I like it. I actually like all of the fantasy terrain and am planning on getting at least one of each for my home collection. Especially the Garden of Morr.

Scout

It definitely needs more skulls. Definitely.

When I see things like this I usually go through a few steps:

1. That could be cool if it weren't for the huge skulls.
    2. I could cut them off and cover that with brick-textured plasticard.
    3. But then I'd have to cover the rest of the walls with the plasticard.
    4. I'll scratch-build my own to save time and money. Thanks for the inspiration GW.

Scout

Overall, I'm glad they're releasing more scenery. And reusing pieces from other sets is fine--keeps a unified look, gets more out, I approve. Is this my favorite piece? No. But as a trend, and if it means we get more pieces like the astromancer (which can then be sold in multiple components), I'm all for it.

I'll forgive them this one miss (though it is a terrible, terrible miss) in light of the fantastic terrain pieces they've produced prior to this.

Hopefully the next piece will return to the previous standards of quality design.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast