BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Librarian

i think with the way 5th is going - simplified and more standard rules

with the loss of 4th ed bionics rolls i can't see it even being similar to its current rules.

the necron we'll be back, will probably be more like the conscripts "send in the next wave" with squads wandering back onto the board whenever the player removes the squad. something like that. all though i don't knwo how they could improve it with the presence of res orbs and spyders
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Veteran-Sergeant

Well, figure the plus side of replacing WBB with FNP is it becomes an individual roll, not one that depends on other models nearby or on the board. And it would be easy enough to tweak the Orb so it works almost exactly the same way,allowing Necrons to ignore the affects of power weapons/ double toughness/ etc when making their FNP rolls.

Downside, as sketches of payne pointed out, is you'll make a lot more FNP rolls than WBB ones, so there's a better chance of losing units in the long run.

Plus you miss out on your opponent's anguished face when half the dead things he or she killed last turn get back up again.
    Exitus Acta Probat
    http://thegrimcheapness.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

My wife uses Necrons. To even things up we just throw out the phase out rule most of the time(2000 points or less games). We also count the Moniliths as having Reserection Orbs at no extra cost. Also due to the lack of versitile long range fire power we let the Moniliths Particle Whip reach out to 36" instead of 24" and the Moniliths Living Metal rule we expand to add that it can WBB also. For the WBB we don't worry about another type of model being within 6' either.

Want a hard fight against Necrons try these rules out! I'm not worried about eveniss either I figure each army is the way it is in it's own right. Win/Lose whatever, a good hard fought battle is just fun!
    And no I don't add anything extra to my forces to compinsate for the additions for the Necrons.

Chaplain

Not Stubborn. That wouldn't make as much sense/they'd be okay in CC.
    Opinions are like aresholes. Get yours outta my face.. MindWar FTW. Bald and Screaming. Couple others...;) Learn something.

it wouldn't make them better in combat they just wouldn't run away very often, as per the fluff (and how they worked in 3rd/4th ed) they would just be more survivable, as they should be (they are meant to be the most resiliant army after all)

Chaplain

If they don't ever get Swept, and get to Tarpit for 5 turns, they're good in CC. You don't need to win combat to be quite good at it.
    Opinions are like aresholes. Get yours outta my face.. MindWar FTW. Bald and Screaming. Couple others...;) Learn something.

Librarian

At the points cost that's a hellish expensive tar pit that's probably better being pulled out by a portal and rapid firing into the unit that just assaulted them rather than sticking there. There's already scarabs that do the tarpit thing cheaper and probably better than stubborn warriors would
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

Chaplain

Absolutely. But, as I've already posted, Warriors are going up to T5 with FnP. IF they were also Stubborn Ld10, that'd be insane.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
    Absolutely. But, as I've already posted, Warriors are going up to T5 with FnP. IF they were also Stubborn Ld10, that'd be insane.
    You're making some assumptions there. I'm saying as warriors exist right now with the current codex they ought to be stubborn. As it stands right now my warriors get assaulted, they kill 3 warriors, make their armor saves and then I fail a leadership 7 roll and lose the unit to sweeping advance.

my point exactly, once you fail the leadership test after combat (that you'll still lose) thats it no getting away for the robots of doom with I2

i'd still use the monolith to get them out but at least they'd still be alive to allow that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast