BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Captain

Default New from Forgeworld: Necron Scarab Swarm

Not a Necron player myself, but just noticed these have just gone up on the FW site.

Canoptek Scarabs can be found scurrying hither and yon through the vast and dusty halls of a Necron Tomb World. Seemingly mimicking the behaviour of organic invertebrates, a Scarab’s only purpose is to break matter down into energy. On the battlefield, swarms of Scarabs are unleashed both as expendable assault waves and to latch on to and destroy enemy armoured vehicles.
    The Necron Scarab Swarms kit, contains 12 finely detailed multi-part resin Canoptek Scarabs – enough models to build three swarm bases. Models designed by Will Hayes. This kit is available to pre-order now for despatch from the 10th February.

£16 for 3 bases.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    Not a Necron player myself, but just noticed these have just gone up on the FW site.

£16 for 3 bases.
    Nice and if your sensible and put 3 on per base you get 4
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

YaY for my new Razorwing Flocks!

Aren't these a codex entry? FW said they wouldn't do codex entries.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Aren't these a codex entry? FW said they wouldn't do codex entries.
    lol they also said they were not "working" on predator. =]

They weren't working on it, though, they had finished it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

They are cool designs and all, but I'm not really seeing the point of them? I mean 12 necron warriors + 3 scarab swarms are £20.50, so for 4.50 more you can get 12 warriors....and they arent really a proper "swarm" like FW did with the Tyranid Rippers either....so I'm not sure I "get" this release. I think it would of been better if they did them like their ripper swarms. Hate to be critical of FW but this one has left me confused!
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

Well I know GW said they wouldn't re-make" any FW kits, but obviously doesn't go the other way. But does FW making a kit mean GW would never release a dedicated scarab pack?

As for "why" this release...if you only get 3 scarabs bases per warriors boxes...some of these scarab swarms lists seem to be using 20+ bases. Are you really going to buy 60-70 warriors to achieve that?

As for pirce you get the rippers for Nids at roughly the same prices

And you get more Scarabs (same number of bases though.)

Also...these scarabs are really, really nice. I means seriously nice
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Well I know GW said they wouldn't re-make" any FW kits, but obviously doesn't go the other way. But does FW making a kit mean GW would never release a dedicated scarab pack?

As for "why" this release...if you only get 3 scarabs bases per warriors boxes...some of these scarab swarms lists seem to be using 20+ bases. Are you really going to buy 60-70 warriors to achieve that?
    Yeah that's a fair point - I don't have that much disposable income personally so I never really thought of that.

Personally, If I was going to do a massive Scarab Swarm, id get these though : [url]http://puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=69[/url]

That's about £4 for ten,so for the equivilent of the FW ones you could get 40 as opposed to 12 - not sure if I like them more than those FW ones though, I think the FW ones are a bit better as I only like 1 of those PW variants - but I guess it depends on the individuals disposable income.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses