BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

For me, its the mass armies lining up to do battle, the large monsters rampaging the battle field, and the tactical situations that must be thought out. Also, some of the characters stories are awesome. Wolfrik's story is amazing for those who have not read it!

so many things draw me to WHFB. The looks, the fluff, the huge armies, the mechanics. I started the hobby w/ 40k about 2 years ago, despite wanting to play Fantasy from my experience in playing WAR (friends insisted on 40k) but it just never grabbed me (possibly a combination of it being a list-building game and the community being the way they are...). I finally gave Fantasy a shot this past summer and have been loving it since.

In the end, the true appeal to the game itself (if i were to ignore the fluff and flavor) is the mechanics and how balanced the game is and is inherently made "fair" by so many great equalizers. Of course, that's just 8th Edition. Who knows how I'll feel after 9th edition...

This might seem like a simple thing but I started playing WFB (back in the second or third edition - orangey cover) because it just looked more colourful and fun to play. 40k was just so grim and depressing looking.
    Plus those ranks of well pained models never gets old.

40k got me into fantasy back in the early 90s. Mainly because i wanted to field huuuge units of troops and not the 10 man weak infiltration units of 40k.

WH F is great because it's over the top on so many levels. Models, rules, fluff.
    You either like that or not. If you don't like it, it will either grow on you or you should play something els which is not a shame!

I played it for years, recently it has lost its apeal to me, not because of he edition, the edition is by far the best so far, but because of the movement fase being to restrictive.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234