BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Arcane Fulcrum, the MIL.... uhhh Wife's Magewraith Throne, and my Balewind Vortex

Me and My wife's entrants into a local contest for Storm of Magic. GW really didn't design these models well, they don't go together well, and require a lot of modelling just to make them passable. [url]http://40kpainting4hire.blogspot.com/[/url]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_1093.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	1570  
    Last edited by Warhamster77; 01-30-2012 at 07:05 PM.

Either way it looks like you both pulled through quite admirably. I really enjoy the color effects on the tornado-ey thing =D And a clean looking white always looks very nice.

Scout

really like the throne, the stone looks really nice.

very nice looking!

Battle-Brother

Those came out nice.

I was severely disappointed in the quality of those kits. I refused to purchase them. There really was no excuse for the shoddy quality from GW when they have more than sufficient injection mold and 3d modeling talent on hand.

As poor as the models are for GW's supposedly 'world leading' standards I think you guys have done a great job on them. The patching work you've done appears seemless and the painting is solid and clean. Nice!

Chaplain

Wow, great job! You are right, they don't get together well. But yours looks very nice.

Those are the better of the 4 fulcrums.. the stupid staircase with the spectres on it is an awful mess of a model, and the staircase has FAR too much detail on it. Love the color choice for the hounds on either side, and you nailed the fade with the green.