BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Rissan4ever View Post
    It could be. On a second look, he does appear to be wearing he Gauntlets of Ultramar. Since he's a Primarch, he'll probably last at least twice as long in the vacuum than the average Marine (if anything about Space Marines can be said to be "average"). My guess is he's gonna run back into the ship, take a hit off an oxygen tank, run back out into space, kill some more Chaos dudes, then run back in for more O2. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Still woulda been smarter to wear a helmet, though.
    if i'm not completly wrong Guilliman claimed the Gauntlets of Ultramar from chaos champion. so i guess that was after the heresy :S

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.Kaesoron View Post
    if i'm not completly wrong Guilliman claimed the Gauntlets of Ultramar from chaos champion. so i guess that was after the heresy :S
    I finished the book. That's Guilliman. Who else could rip an armored space marine head with only a punch in the nose?

SPOILER

After being ejected from the CIC of his flagship by some kind of deamonic attack by LORGAR who made the room explode, papa smurf spends some time in the vacuum and survives. Primarch physiology it is said.

SPOILER
    Last edited by Vlad78; 02-01-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Brother-Sergeant

@Eldar Gal

Yeah that's the one, tho didn't have a neat full spread like that.

Edit:

Also the full picture is also a bit creepy with those heads and gore :S Still amazing quality art
    Last edited by Myu; 02-02-2012 at 02:44 AM.

Chaplain

Hmm - i find it a little embarrassing that BL offers this artwork as a wallpaper-set for 1,50 GBP. A wallpaper should be free for download in my opionon.
    Peace through superior Firepower!

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Archon View Post
    Hmm - i find it a little embarrassing that BL offers this artwork as a wallpaper-set for 1,50 GBP. A wallpaper should be free for download in my opionon.
    It's their original art. They can offer it for free or sell it at their discretion.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Veteran-Sergeant

Anyone else notice that Guilliman is such a badman that he has dented the hull of a space ship with his mighty foot?
    BOOOOM! Shake Shake The.......?

Chaplain

It's their original art. They can offer it for free or sell it at their discretion.
    yes, but it still feel greedy
    Peace through superior Firepower!

Veteran-Sergeant

I agree with Rissan4ever, you make it, you charge what you want for it. Charging for art beyond % of book prices must go a small way towards retaining / paying artists at the Black Library.
    I consider it decent to pay for something someone else has made and potentially greedy to want it for free

Chapter-Master

If the 40k universe had more pictures like this, real war with real fighting and gore... in space... I would be inclined to say 40k is bad *** instead of kiddy friendly. I am not delusional as I understand the need for friendlier marketing, etc...

Lore like this, put in visual form, is something that would make me love 40k.

I mean, I do not like space marines at all, but seeing how bad *** a marine can be by fighting in the vacuum of space without a helmet, while seemingly screaming, is the epitome of bad ***!!!

I do not think I have ever seen a piece of art post 2nd edition that made me feel "anything" like this one does. Seriously.... I would buy this if it were a poster, and again, I hate anything marine related.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

First-Captain

In Space No one can hear you scream.

Because of this, Roburte is singing a famous ultramarine battle cry. I feel pretty from west side story. The most furious song of the ultramarines.
    For the Greater good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12