BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Default Chaos Dragon-flier

Ok, this is completely speculation; but based on the rumours so far, I get a feeling that the 'dragon' could be a new daemon-engine re-work of the tzeentch doomwing or firelord. Just maybe an undivied version and with the newer more awesome model designers.

Because previous the the helltalon/blade things arnt they the only other fliers chaos have had?

Also, as its such a big release, and a daemon engine- could it feature in both the Daemons codex and the Chaos one? Or different versions in each (like the Soulgrinder/Defiler- essentially the same thing just different), maybe both options in the same kit as GW are pretty keen for multi-option kits now.

Fly Lord

I have been told the following from folks who have seen the kit:

Imagine an oversized Forgeworld Hellblade fighter with a larger rear-central "body" that rotates downward for the Dragon's main hull. It is composes of Hellblade style straight edged overlapping panels similar to the Greater Brass Scorpion, and is has plastic elements representing being wreathed in fire. It has a "dragonish" mechanical head and claws of some type on the lower body, and is on the large oval flying stand.

So yes in fact it does sound an awful lot like a modernization of the old Epic Tzeentch Doomwing. Basically not an organic thing at all, but a "dragon" in the same sense that the Greater Brass Scorpion is a "scorpion". It's a daemon engine designed for flight that is modeled after a dragon.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chaplain

Wow, awesome. I didnt realise we had such a detailed description leaked!

Cant wait for pics... i was expecting some kind of goauld figther...RA style...

[url]http://youtu.be/J3FdHUsZFqs?hd=1&t=1h44m22s[/url]

That sounds a lot more interesting than the half dragon half night scythe description we were getting earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Montserrat View Post
    Cant wait for pics... i was expecting some kind of goauld figther...RA style...

[url]http://youtu.be/J3FdHUsZFqs?hd=1&t=1h44m22s[/url]
    Necrons already got those.