BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Hey, they might be. Showing off their bodies knowing full well men won't get to have any fun with them, sounds like something nasty lady Elves would do.
    Actually yeah, good point. I stand corrected. That is entirely cruel and thus very fitting!
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Librarian

Eldargal, IIRC, arent you a Empire/new VC general? how would these evil elf women fit into your armies? Arent the dogs of war illegal now?

*just doing my part, as my Knights are loathe to run down helpless maidens from the top of my mounted steed*
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

High and Dark Elves were my first armies, followed by Empire and recently VC. Dark Elves are probably my favourite army fro ma lore perspective and would be from a modelling perspective if mor of the range were plastic.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

Actually as nice as these new models look to be, I can't help but wonder how useful they are. I've long been tempted by a Dark Elf army and have just been looking through the various DE army lists posted here... and not one of them that I can find has Witch Elves in it. Reading the army book itself they seem to be decent enough troops and the price is fair so why the great aversion to using them? Can someone enlighten me?
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

I'm not sure, I always use Witch Elves and find them very effective with or without a cauldron of blood. They are fragile, though. I find them most effective when given spells/characters to either get them into combat quickly or protect them from missile weapons.

I often run a horde of 40, and the only reason I don't use two units in larger games is I don't want to buy more of the current models, what with GW and Raging Heroes working on their own versions.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Insomnia isn't so ba when it results in Evl Elven Devils Dumplings:
    Last edited by eldargal; 03-19-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Brother-Captain

Looking good. The face is suitably stern/cruel looking. And there's going to be sci-fi versions as well. I'll have to let my friend who plays Dark Eldar know about that. If the rest of the figures are as good as this one, I reckon they will sell loads of them!

As for me, guess I'll be getting that Dark Elf army then... my poor wallet.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    Actually as nice as these new models look to be, I can't help but wonder how useful they are. I've long been tempted by a Dark Elf army and have just been looking through the various DE army lists posted here... and not one of them that I can find has Witch Elves in it. Reading the army book itself they seem to be decent enough troops and the price is fair so why the great aversion to using them? Can someone enlighten me?
    um.... cause the existing models are UUUUUGGGGGLLLLLEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Chapter-Master

I have to admit, they look really nice. They have made great job with the bodies/armour and the faces look pretty nice too.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I've suggested on the Raging Heroes blog (along with quite a few others) that they reduce the size of the heads and perhaps try and make the faces a little less masculine. But on the whole they really are nice sculpts from what we've seen so far.

Also at one Euro each they will be super affordable. Almost too affordable. I think something suspicious is going on.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast