BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Chaplain

Nice model.

However, whilst I dont mean to lower the tone- thats where Im going.

The reverse gravity....?

All Witch Elves come with enchanted bras of lift and support. I'm more impressed with her thighs, those are some impressive thighs.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Almost makes me want to start a witch elf themes army. I have a fondness for female armies since my main 40K army is Sisters of Battle.

Scale comparison by Kendoka, stolen fom the Raging Heroes blog:

I have to say that the proportions of the head look much, much better when the picture is sized down. I'll happily buy 40+ of these now.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Also at one Euro each they will be super affordable. Almost too affordable. I think something suspicious is going on.
    One Euro each??? Unfortunately, that is incorrect information...
    What we mentioned on our blog post is that if we were to do an SF version with a choice of weapons for each mini, then that would increase the price by one additional Euro per mini.
    We are sorry for the confusion :-(
    Last edited by Raging Heroes; 03-23-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Sorry about that, not sure how why I said that, one euro per figure is obviously ridiculous.

Brother-Captain

The pre-order is up for these lovely & lethal ladies. From their website:

We are proud to announce that our 10 Blood Vestals are now available for pre-order!

Limited Introductory Offer
    Don't miss out on our special low launch price reserved for the first 100 Blood Vestals boxes and the first 25 Command Group boxes.

The Command Group box contains 1 Heroine, 1 Musician and 1 Standard Bearer as well as 2 additional Warriors.

The Blood Vestals box contains 5 more different Warriors.

Together, the Blood Vestals + Command Group total up 10 different characters.
    They are 28mm scale and an excellent fit with most major Fantasy games.
    Each Blood Vestal is a one-part metal cast.

Thank you for your feedback!
    We not only worked non-stop this entire week to finalize our Blood Vestals and have them available for pre-order this weekend, but we also spent much time reading all your comments on our blog and on other forums, and have taken them to heart. Several topics were recurrent, so we've specifically addressed them below.

Proportions and scale
    After your massive feedback asking for 28-30mm scale minis, we have scaled our Vestals accordingly.
    Many were also concerned about proportions and the head size, and we worked hard on this as well to get the best possible balance between true scale and heroic proportions so that the minis can make a good fit with the minis you already own, and we are pretty happy with what we've achieved on this.

We feel they will now fit extremely well with the industry's Fantasy games.

Variety
    Based on some of your comments, we have carefully selected which Vestals would go into the command Group, and which would be in the Troops box.

We chose the more dynamic poses for the Troops.
    You'll also notice that several of the characters in the Troops box have their arms and weapons away from their body. This gives you the option of slightly bending them or even replace weapons to create new poses.
    And three of the five Vestals have a pose that is more of a profile view. This allows you to have them looking to the right, the left, or straight ahead, depending how you position them on their base.

As for the two soldiers in the Command Group, they have more hieratic, still poses that we felt worked well to add charisma to the Command Group.

Uncovered breasts
    We were completely taken by surprise by the strong reactions this topic generated, particularly since major industry players have always and continue to produce bare-chested ladies (such as GW harpies played in Dark Elf armies).

Nevertheless, we studied several options to try and keep everyone happy. The only option that could have worked for us was to produce optional armoured caps to glue on the breasts, but then, we realized that they would have been about 1,5mm wide and pretty much unworkable. A tiny bit of greenstuff will do a much better job.

Science-Fiction
    It is now certain that we will produce a science-fiction version of this unit. We will soon post an online questionnaire on our blog to get a more precise feedback in terms of equipment and accessories for them.

Prices
    Approx £14.50 for the Troops box and £16.25 for the Command Group box. Very fairly priced I think.
    Last edited by Brakkart; 03-25-2012 at 12:43 AM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Already ordered mine.

Brother-Captain

Heh why does that not remotely surprise me EG? How many boxes have you gone for?

Also close-up pics of the two boxes:

Command Group

Troops
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

That would be telling.

I'm going to try and introduce a houserule giving them a 6+ distraction ward save.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast