BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

I find I'm much more excited about the Hordes version of Colossals (Gargantuans?) than I am about the Warmachine ones. Not sure why...

On the other hand, I like most of the Warmachine Battle Engines better than the Hordes ones.

What I really want to know is if the Hordes "Colossals" will have an Animus.

I really hope the horde ones are balanced. The fact that there are already models in Hordes that will be able to scrap a colossal in one turn is kinda dumb, the last thing I want is their gargantuans to be able to roll up to two or three colossals and just lolz as it buys 20 attacks and beats them all to a pulp!

After playing a couple games with my War Wagon, I have a lot of faith in PP to make these as balanced as the Battle Engines. I'm really looking forward to them!

I'm assuming Hordes' gargantuans (is that the official term?) will have animi and fury as normal, but they worry me a bit. I'll gladly drop a colossal into as small a game as it'd fit for the sheer fun of it, and with many 'casters I'd find plenty of other uses for their focus.

Taking only one gargantuan, however, would severely limit the animi at my disposal, and it being my only source of fury it'd draw even more fire. It does no good to speculate this early, but I do wonder if they've planned for this or if gargantuans will be relegated to much larger games...

Not that it really matters to me - balanced or not, I can't wait to field a single Mountain King, with virtually no support, in a tiny game just to see how long he can survive.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Isante View Post
    I really hope the horde ones are balanced. The fact that there are already models in Hordes that will be able to scrap a colossal in one turn is kinda dumb, the last thing I want is their gargantuans to be able to roll up to two or three colossals and just lolz as it buys 20 attacks and beats them all to a pulp!
    Gunnbjorn touched on it, but I get the feeling that colossals will be "better" in that your warcaster will get more out of every focus they put on it then say a light jack. Higher return for every focus spent. Hordes will be giving up more if they had bought two heavies instead. If you take a gargantuan over two heavies, you will have one less animus, less hit boxes for transfers, and less fury for leeching. On top of that its wrapped up in one big obvious target.

Also the loss of the colossal over a gargantuan has to be thought about as well. Lose a colossal, you just lose 20 points of killyness, and gain a big area of cover and terrain. Lose a gargantuan and thats a smaller fury pool you have to work with. I wouldn't really worry about hordes being 'better' then warmachine in this aspect. All speculation though until we see all the special rules.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567