BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Colossals Announced

[url]http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2012/02/breaking-privateer-press-colossals.html[/url]

I want...
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

This should be the official towel thread, tbh

First-Captain

I have no warmachine stuff at all. I think this may now change. Very nice indeed.

Librarian

I can't wait to use the Khadorian one with Harkevich. broadside that turret!

Iron Father

Just watched the video and wow I am impressed, unfortunately absolutely no one plays War-machine in my area and thats not about to change. I would love to build an army but not much point really. Those new big models are however great and I think GW should be looking at PP and upping their game by introducing new elements just like this. Apoc formations etc are all well and good and titans are nice and all but these models seem to be somewhere in between and price point there for more accessible (most likely). PP really seem to know what their about
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

First-Captain

Do you think they are pretty much dreadknight size? They seem a bit bigger to me. Maybe the rumoured (I know that doesn't mean a lot) large Tau walker will be the same sort of size.

It's a shame Devon is so far away Deadlift cause I need a Warmachine buddy.

Iron Father

I love the chunky brutality these big boys have, not something Dread knights convey I feel. I have a bit of a soft spot for walkers in general and I think the Orc walkers come closest to menacing as either GW or FW come. I just don't like Orks. I think my favourite in the GW/FW range is the contemptor but these colossus beat them hands down, not just in scale but (for me) the cool factor. I may just buy one for painting fun

Yes Devon is a bit of a stretch to London for just a game, not sure me tractor would make it lol
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

The colassals will also dwarf a contempor in price. Based on the war engine pricing, we can expect these things to cost between $120-$150

www.queencityguard.com

Impressive sized kits, wish I cared for the aesthetic more. Also don't like the way Warmachine factions all seem to get the same things. Little worried the arms might snap off at the little piston point things too, if handled roughly. Incidentally thinking of buying that plastic Khador kit. Female Warcaster is a plus, and Khador being ruled by an empress is another plus.
    Last edited by eldargal; 02-04-2012 at 10:46 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I really didn't care for War Engines and their Horde counterparts but these colossals are fantastic. The Retribution one looks really cool in the 3D model and the Cygnar one looks interesting enough that I may have to dig out my Cygnar army and start that back up.

Any speculation on the Hordes counterparts for these? Super-sized warbeasts? Dragons (I jest)?
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast