BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I have a pure white arctic fox ushanka, good idea about wearing it when playing with Khador.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I have a spare Sorcha I shall paint up for you then mail across zee pond.

www.queencityguard.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I have a pure white arctic fox ushanka, good idea about wearing it when playing with Khador.
    Cosplay as Zerkova to really freak peopl out (bonus points if you do a [URL="http://youtu.be/oTo6OinfblY?t=1m6s"]victory dance when you win[/URL]).

Battle-Brother

Some more info about the Colossals:

They are a plastic/metal hybrid kit. As in, all the really big parts are the same plastic as the current warjacks, so yes you will need superglue as it's a resin-plastic. The smaller parts are metal. For example, on the Conquest, the cannons on top, in the shoulders, the fists, and the head are all metal. This has more to do with the fact that it's just easier and cheaper for PP at this time to cast them in metal rather then resin plastic.

All the colossals have similar special rules like the Battle Engines. They also have a couple new power attacks- a thresher style attack, and a slam where the colossal doesn't have to move, and the target is slammed d6+3". Each colossal has two damage grids- a left and right side. Think of it as one giant damage grid. They did this to exceed the current maximum damage grid of 36 boxes. We're looking at a model with around 50 damage boxes now. All the systems function exactly like they do on a warjack except with an additional new system added- superstructure. These will be something along the lines of making the Colossal tougher to damage until these points are removed. Like each time the colossal takes damage, it loses only one structure point. When all the structure points are marked off, it'll take damage like a regular warjack.

Colossals will be in your Warcaster's Battlegroup and will follow most of the rules for Warjacks. They will cost in the 18-20 points range. Each faction will get one:

Khador (“Conquest”)
    Cygnar (“Stormwall”)
    Cryx (“Kraken” – tentacles instead of legs)
    Menoth (“Judicator” – rockets and flamethrowers)
    Retribution (“Hyperion”)
    Merc (“Galleon” – right arm is a giant trident)

They will be available July, 2012. For those that make it to [URL="http://www.pplockandload.com/"]Lock and Load[/URL] in June, they will be available in limited quantities.

Hordes will also be getting colossals. Watch the entire video past the credits at the end and you will see a preview of the Troll colossal.

Not quite right, Tam. First off, PP doesn't use a "pastic/resin hybrid" for any of their stuff. They just use plain old plastic - it just happens to be a different brand of plastic than GW's (admittedly superior) plastic models. People have dubbed it "plastic/resin" purely because they feel and see the slight differences in physical properties and don't know any better.

Secondly, the Colossals won't be made of the same plastic they use in their plastic kits. They are made of straight resin, similar to Forgeworld or Finecast. Their battle engines are made of the same material. Like you said, there are a few pieces of metal as well.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by mikethefish View Post
    Secondly, the Colossals won't be made of the same plastic they use in their plastic kits. They are made of straight resin, similar to Forgeworld or Finecast. Their battle engines are made of the same material. Like you said, there are a few pieces of metal as well.
    Thank you for this clarification, despite the fact that it makes me sad.

When I saw they'd be plastic, I immediately hoped the models would be mroe affordable. But if they're resin and metal, then I'm sure we can still expect the MSRP to sit somewhere around $120. Hope they release the pricing details soon so I can brace my wallet.

www.queencityguard.com

Yeah I don't know Wit - we'll have to see about the price. The Battle Engines roll in at like 80 bucks right? Well the Battle Engines don't look THAT much bigger than a Battle Engine, and as such IMO it won't be that much mor expensive than the 80 buck mark that BE's sit at.

But yeah, you never know I guess.

Chapter-Master

Troll War Wagon clocks in at $90 MSRP. You can pull for about $70 online.

As long as they can keep the PP down below $100 I think I'll get one. My problem is thinking about what I can get for $100 from Forge World.

www.queencityguard.com

Thinking of starting a Khador army based around Sorscha.
    She is awesomeness! Her play style is incredibly fun, she has good DEF that you can commit her closer to the fight (DEF > ARM in WM/H), her feat his just under Kreoss on the 'oh no, I'm sure you've read that rule wrong, it just CAN'T do that' chart and with her movement spell (Wind rush I think) she gets a reliable escape after she attempts assassinations, or gets committed. Plus it boost her already good DEF.

And that's the nerfed version! I've played her all through MkI, to the dismay of all my opponents.

Plus that first image of Sorscha by the train was what decided me on Khador back when the game came out.

and then there's

But anyway, regarding Colossi, I think I remember M. Wilson saying everything was going to remain under the sacred 100$ mark in an old interview. What that can mean... Honestly, considering the bulk, and the fact that one Colossi, a caster, support and 'maybe' a unit will fit 35 points, even 120$ wouldn't bother me too much. That would be a respectable army for under 300$...

Tho I have to say, I'm all kinds of happy I decided to wait on the Battle Engine. Reznik will looove his walking cathedral of burninatin' so much more than the rollin' organ of burninatin' ^^

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    My problem is thinking about what I can get for $100 from Forge World.
    I guess so. I guess I don't see the appeal of 100 bucks worth of Forgeworld stuff. To me, Forgeworld is really only worth it if you get the REALLY impressive stuff (ie - the stuff that clocks in at the 2-300 buck range). Stuff that is truly impressive and a centerpiece for the army, rather than a Leman Russ variant (or whatever) that a hundred bucks will get you on Forgeworld

Personally if I had to spend that type of money, I would go the PP rout and get a sweet looking impressive model that you can use in a normal game without having to adopt special rules (structure points etc) and without having to ask your opponents' permission to use (since Forgeworld is only quasi-official - though to be fair, I hear that's changing, kinda sorta maybe)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast