BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default New rumours (CSM, Tau, Eldar, Necron, DA)

Quote Originally Posted by Darnok@Warseer
    ... starts singing in February.

I've been told the following:

no BT in the near future
    DA are "in progress"
    Eldar and Tau are being worked on, with Eldar further along than Tau

Concerning Chaos:

the book is done and almost at the printers
    an Iron Warriors character (?) has been seen, with a huge servo harness
    possible new Obliterators (plastic or Finecast?)
    painted versions of all 4 cult terminators have been sighted - could be conversions though
    plastic Plaguebearers on round bases have been sighted

The already "known" Necron wave was confirmed: 2 flyers, the big walker, the jet bikes, Wraiths and Spiders. I quote: "The wraiths and spiders did NOT look like a dual kit".

Another interesting quote:
    There ware also a few Nids ready to go, the Tervigon/Tyranofex dual kit and a flyer that I wasn't familiar with, looked about lictor sized but more resembled a winged zoanthrope.
    There ware also a few Nids ready to go, the Tervigon/Tyranofex dual kit and a flyer that I wasn't familiar with, looked about lictor sized but more resembled a winged zoanthrope.
    Confirms the usual suspects - but the other beasty sounds like the Parasite of Mortex to me, not the Harpy.

And last, but definetely not least: more flyers seem to be in the works, including an Ork Fighter! It seemed to be very similar to the FW version. No specific mention of a timeframe was given - expect it sometime the next six months.

The usual disclaimer: while I trust my birdies, you don't have to. Please don't take any of this as gospel.
    Sounds plausible, and promising.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Iron Father

Both the Chaos and DA rumours have me jazzed, If this pans out Im going to find it hard to stick with one army.

I could easily see myself doing, Iron Warriors, Death Guard and Thousand sons, and then with DA as well it could be an expensive year for me

I do think however there should be at least one xeno codex release to mix it up with the power armour.

Perfect world for me would see

DA
    CHAOS
    ELDAR / TAU

In that order, throw in some Wood elves or Warriors of Chaos as well and I wont know where to start.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Librarian

Sigh...

No Thunderwolf cavalry still??
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Five plastic kits for necrons sounds highly unlikely (original release was only 4 (ark/barge/immortal/lych)) so I reckon either we are talking finecast, a split wave or more combi-kits. Happy to be proved wrong though.

Huge presure on this chaos release, hope they make slaanesh not be the poor god of the four again. I want to do my rockstar noise marine army and not have it suck

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Both the Chaos and DA rumours have me jazzed, If this pans out Im going to find it hard to stick with one army.

I could easily see myself doing, Iron Warriors, Death Guard and Thousand sons, and then with DA as well it could be an expensive year for me

I do think however there should be at least one xeno codex release to mix it up with the power armour.

Perfect world for me would see

DA
    CHAOS
    ELDAR / TAU

In that order, throw in some Wood elves or Warriors of Chaos as well and I wont know where to start.
    I wouldn't hold out much hope for WE, as far as I'm aware the main rumour about them is GW don't know what to do with them.

Back to the OP, do we know if any these armies are coming before the new ed? It would make sense to hold off on new books until after and just release waves in the meantime (yay for Tyranid second wave, my how thsoe two years have flown by), but then Daemons came out something like 2 months before the current ed.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Rumours I've seen are very vague about timing.

If we take the starter set rumours at face value though and there is a widening of the chaos forces to include cultists or similar, that could be an indication that Chaos will be in the August slot between the book and the boxed set. Otherwise, the cultists would be illegal when released under the current rules.

an Iron Warriors character (?) has been seen, with a huge servo harness
    Warsmith

Cool that chaos will be coming soon, I keep my fingers crossed for some unique stuff in that dex, like dark-mechanicus weapons as standard and or some xenos weapon(they can steal wathever they want) so they will be somthing else than SM with horns and old toys.
    ....shhh, it's okay, it's just me.... I`m Beast at the back of your head.

Librarian

I am not going to believe any of the rumours I have heard until they are actually posted in the White Dwarf, in store as an Official Codex, or have miniatures on the shelf in a GW store.

GW seems to have a desire to constantly weaken the power and effectiveness of Chaos Space marines, as we have seen with the nurfing of "lash of Submission", "Thousand Sons", not being able to add Terminators ICs to squads of Obliterators, and being able to deep strike them (when Space Marines can add an artificer armoured IC with teleporter to a terminator unit, and deep strike them). Most of the Xenos/ Imperial Codexes that got a FAQ upgrade were improved rather than weakened.

I still love my Chaos Space Marines, and will still build up my Battle Companies, but I know I fighting a losing battle when it comes to having a fair chance trying to stand my ground against the likes of Space Wolves, Grey Knights, Blood Angels, and even mechanised Imperial Guard.

Any combination I can make that works, gets nerfed, and still costs me more to field than Vanilla Space Marines, who I find I am barely able to hold my ground against, as they cancel any psychic abilities I use, out gun and out range me with cheaper cost weapons, and can build army lists that you know you have lost against just from perusing the opponents list.

I have been working on a few Legion based Battle Companies: Emperor's Children, Night Lords - both these just need to be painted fully, Death Guard, Thousand Sons, World Eaters, Iron Warriors - most of these Companies require Rhino Transports and either Raptors or Havocs to complete them.

I have also been working on both a Sisters of Battle Force which totals over 6000 Points, and a Female Space Marine Battle Company - derived from the female Primarch - Helena od the 2nd Legion Astartes.

My background story is that Guiliman in a jealous rage killed the primarch of the 11th legion when he found her in bed and the other primarch in bed. Guiliman killed his brother and absorbed the 11th legions Space Marines. This forced the Emperor to order the Space Wolves to destroy the 2nd legion to try and stop a civil war. Fortunately Rogue Mechanicus members stole the Gene seed of the 2nd legion, and hid on the edges of the Imperium, building up the 2nd legion again from female orphans. When the Imperium re-established contact, they hid the 2nd legion, and have used the local sisters of battle, many of whom owe their fealty to the 2nd legion, to present to the Imperium the ruse that they are loyal. The Sisters and the Female Space Marines, hate all male Space Marines, and Chaos Space Marines for their betrayal of the Primarch - Helena.

It is a decent enough story and I can, if needed, pretend that they are Noise Marines with the mark of Slaanesh.

I got the miniatures for them from Dynath40K/ Shapeways Miniatures. The miniatures are very slim/slender, and the parts are not compatible with normal space marines. They are also a little taller than space marines, and their guns are waaaaay to big even for space marines, but they do look very feminine and sexy for space marines (less chunky than sisters of battle).

I hope to build a sisters of silence squad as well.

If the legion book is not as biased, as the rumored "new" Universal Special Rules" come out for 6th edition, then Chaos should be made more powerful, with legions having rules like counter attack, night vision, stubborn, tank hunters, etc. They should have HQ choices that make Raptors, Terminators, Oblliterators and/ or Havocs count as troop choices for legions such as Night lords, Iron Warriors, etc. They could make the game so much more interesting, and bring so many people who have left 40K for other gaming systems back into the fold.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Well you should never believe rumours until GW confirms them. I approve of your FSM background, I made a FSM chapter just to annoy the rabid anti-FSM crowd.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Romance, sex, incest (sort of), betrayal and murder in the far future

Sounds like the trailer for a new daytime soap made for the sci fi channel

RG: "You faithless ho, I knew you only wanted me for my massive... ...legion"

P2: "Don't act like this is all my fault, you spend all time locked away in your office writing your damn book and polishing your... ... armour"

RG: "And you, I treated you like my brother"

P11: "Technically I am your brother, about 80% anyway"

P2: "Oh God, that means you'r also my brother! I think I'm gonna be sick"

Emperor: " Would you keep it down up there, I'm trying to reforge the Cosmos here. "
    Last edited by isotope99; 02-04-2012 at 08:02 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast