BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TheCastigator View Post
    I really hope they make the giant monster a Kraken/ sea beast.
    Personally I'd like to see them add a new critter to the Dark Elves menagerie of beasts, we've already got a Hydra in Finecast, so how about a Behir?

A 12 legged reptilian, lightning breathing, killing machine, seems like it would fit in well with their other critters and I'd love to see GW do a version of this classic D&D monster (not a trademarked one either!) Since the Hydra already has a breath weapon (and they have Black Dragons too), drop the lightning breath and make this fast and with lots of attacks, like a giant speedy version of the Razordon.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

if Dark Elves come out in 2013 i will be pleased but surprised. i may be wrong but arent there still 5 or 6 armies that are older then the current book for Dark Elves?

Age of a book isn't really a high priority to GW. There will certainly be three of four new books between now and then, though. Assming the timings hold which they may not.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I love the DE stuff. I rebought the army (for the third time) just because of the sweet plastics. Also, due to $$$, I've been sticking only with plastics. So I'd love to see plastic witch elves or executioners. And a new dual chariot kit?? That would be rocking.

Veteran-Sergeant

How well do DE sell? Maybe that doesn't matter though, as I always heard Dwarfs were a big selling army and they have been left to rot seemingly for ever.

BB

Quote Originally Posted by faeslayer View Post
    They've GOT to release new DE Warrior models. They simply must. I don't see them rumored anywhere, but I can't believe they wouldn't update those models.
    ^^^^ THIS!!!! The current DE warriors are an absolute abomination and one of the major reasons I just can't bring myself to work on my Dark Elves. You can't field the lovely Cold Ones and Corsairs alongside them, not with those massive feet, banana fingers and chunky-knit chainmail...

Actually the hands aren't too bad when you realise they are wearing gloves (some even have little metal plates on them). But yes the Elf core in general is looking rather dated.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Yeah, they're still the WFB 5th/6th ed vintage, along with the Orc boyz and the Goblins. I had to paint far too many of the plastics of the time back then to want to paint any for myself... Never looked closely enough at the Dark Elves to realise any had gloves on, even so I can't stand the look of them alongside the newer placcies. Chris Fitzpatrick's metals just about hold their own still but I'll be awaiting new releases with bated breath!

See the litlte metal plates with gems on the hands? Makes no sense unless they are stitched on to gloves:

The Dark Elf set is a little less obvious, but their hands aren't quite so obscenely sized. They look fine painted as gloves. If you take the Cold One riders and paint their gloved hands as flesh they start to look ridiculous too, in my opinion.

As I've said the Elf core really could use an update but if you paint the hands the same secondary colour as the trim or robes or whatever they look considerably improved.

Chapter-Master

Those do look like monstrously oversized hands, even with gloves on. Why would GW paint them like that?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast