BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Supposing that the rumoured paint change happens next month...

Assuming that the rumoured paint change happens next month... which will be potentially annoying as I am just starting up painting a new list and THINK I have enough paint to do it, but maybe not

In the (i think unlikely) event that GW will no longer have avalible the paints I will be using (or very very similar paint with a slightly different names), is there somewhere I would be able to get the following:

Codex Grey
    Gretchin Green
    Devlin Mud

Chapter-Master

From what I've been told, the whole line is being redone - meaning that existing colors will not be "supported" post-change.

I've already stocked up. I've got 20 bottles of each color that I require for my paint scheme for my eldar army - I'm hoping that lasts me quite a while.

Scout

Question paint

i inquired into a GW store recently where I could get the soon to be out of print paints. They stated that there are websites out there (non-GW supported siteS) that have the formulas for mixing the old paint colors from the new equivalents. Does any one know any links to these sites as I do not?

Chaplain

The Coat D'Arms paint range is almost identical colour wise to the GW range, and their paint names are conveniently close enough to the GW names to work out which is which (handy that isn't it...)

They are also very good paints and come in the old style GW paint pots, which means that they don't dry out like the current GW ones do.

Vallejo game colour are also similar, but the Coat D'Arms range really are almost identical.

The only colour you won't be able to replicate is Devlan Mud, as the GW washes are unique.

I knew the standard colours were going, but didn't realise the washes were, does that go for the foudation paints too?

Bugger, bugger, bugger!! I need to run out and buy loads if that's the case!!

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by StraightSilver View Post
    The Coat D'Arms paint range is almost identical colour wise to the GW range, and their paint names are conveniently close enough to the GW names to work out which is which (handy that isn't it...)

They are also very good paints and come in the old style GW paint pots, which means that they don't dry out like the current GW ones do.

Vallejo game colour are also similar, but the Coat D'Arms range really are almost identical.

The only colour you won't be able to replicate is Devlan Mud, as the GW washes are unique.

I knew the standard colours were going, but didn't realise the washes were, does that go for the foudation paints too?

Bugger, bugger, bugger!! I need to run out and buy loads if that's the case!!
    I would be very surprised if the washes were replaced considering just how popular they are. Im not worried at all. If they do replace them it will be with something better.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

This is rumoured to be an expansion of the paint range, if that is the case I doubt we will see the loss of many paints and certainly not the washes which are phenomenally popular.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

I kind of hope they bring back inks. The Red Inks was amazing! I miss it.

First-Captain

From what i know we will have

Foundation
    Base
    Layer
    Wash

So if the current range is being replaced completely it seems they want to have the colours divided by role,

Except thats funny because 'evy metal team use foundation paints as highlights more than foundations in white dwarf really hope they don't change all paints
    For the Greater good.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by kabelguy View Post
    i inquired into a GW store recently where I could get the soon to be out of print paints. They stated that there are websites out there (non-GW supported siteS) that have the formulas for mixing the old paint colors from the new equivalents. Does any one know any links to these sites as I do not?
    Here you got one

[url]http://volomir.blogspot.com/2012/01/citadel-colour-get-them-all-in-5-pots.html[/url]
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Quote Originally Posted by MarneusCalgar View Post
    Here you got one

[url]http://volomir.blogspot.com/2012/01/citadel-colour-get-them-all-in-5-pots.html[/url]
    Great, more GW smarmy chav attitude. This is almost as bad as the "Liquid greenstuff plus tools to fix unusable finecast" kit. No fething thanks. I'm going to Vallejo...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast